My Very Random Journal

Alrighty then!  

Captured some good video of the egg fertilization process.  It goes like this.

T formation

male: wiggle wiggle wiggle (releasing sperm)

female: release eggs, wait a moment, go off to deposit.

This is the same female that spawned 6/14.

image.png.2659585b05f61e6202e317577e59cada.png

Going to try and move these three to the front of the breeder box so I can capture a day by day progression.

• Like 1

Been feeding them 

Chilled and frozen baby brine shrimp.  Chilled because they go dormant and corys like to feed off the bottom.  Frozen because I make a large batch every 5 days.

I also shoot a bit of the CoOp fry food in a couple times a day.  And today I dropped in a little Repashy.

On 7/11/2021 at 2:44 PM, Streetwise said:

Put this awesome journal in your signature!

Perfect!  I've been pondering what to put in it!  Thanks for the idea.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A short video from the 20 Long.  Large female and a small male at the beginning, later a long fin male and his buddies drop in.  We have 2 females' and 4 males (it appears).  This female has been the primary spawner.  Best viewed at half speed.

Edited by KBOzzie59

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!

image.png.ece0377873d8e4f671bcb55495fa0023.png

Well here is exhibit A.  Not a Platy tail, certainly not a Pleco...  Pretty sure I know what it is, question is, how did these fry get into my Platy & Pleco tank???  There have never been adults of this fish in that tank, matter of fact it's been over a year since I have added any fish to this tank.  I counted over 10 of them and they are about 3/8" right now.  When I first seen them a couple weeks ago they had a neon blue stripe.  Sorry for the poor quality picture, very tough to get with a still shot, had to pause video for this one.  

This is what I think they are.

Zebra_Danio.jpg

I have 20 of these in a tank in the house, they were in the fish room for 2 weeks in quarantine.  Each QT tank has its own nets and never dip into other tanks.  

Hmmmmmm!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 5:20 PM, KBOzzie59 said:

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!

image.png.ece0377873d8e4f671bcb55495fa0023.png

Well here is exhibit A.  Not a Platy tail, certainly not a Pleco...  Pretty sure I know what it is, question is, how did these fry get into my Platy & Pleco tank???  There have never been adults of this fish in that tank, matter of fact it's been over a year since I have added any fish to this tank.  I counted over 10 of them and they are about 3/8" right now.  When I first seen them a couple weeks ago they had a neon blue stripe.  Sorry for the poor quality picture, very tough to get with a still shot, had to pause video for this one.  

This is what I think they are.

Zebra_Danio.jpg

I have 20 of these in a tank in the house, they were in the fish room for 2 weeks in quarantine.  Each QT tank has its own nets and never dip into other tanks.  

Hmmmmmm!

Zebra danio eggs are often attached to plants that how they probably got into your tank with new plants

• Like 2