My Very Random Journal

I was never a big pleco fan.  A guy in town has hundreds, he used to trade to a local fish store that is no longer in business.  He asked if I would like a few and I figured what the heck.  So he shows up with 2 bags of about 40 total.  Most went in the tank above and are popping out dozens monthly.  A dropping barometer and cool water change almost always fills the caves.  They are an interesting fish to watch.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KBOzzie59 said:

Several weeks ago I pulled a couple random "juvenile" albino bristlenose and dropped them in guppy hut #1.  Today I notice this.  Not as juvenile as I thought I guess.  Plus it was a random M/F pair.

image.png.089b29bfbd46ff55d348adc91ec8ae0d.png

Bristlenose will spawn at a size smaller than you would think. I got some super reds one time that were only 2-2.5" most you couldn't tell if they were male or female and I had a spawn in the qt tank.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pepper Cory (Corydoras paleatus) Eggs (sold to me as salt & pepper).  See above picture.

Have you ever had the privilege of picking them out of a very large bunch of Java Moss?  She was kind enough to put 6 on the glass, I had to work for the rest and finally had to give up.  Looks like I pulled 30+.

image.png.1fae7cb5b6cb8a0a58524bed350452a0.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...