New crinum going yellow

Ii recently bought some llants online including a crinum calamistratum. All of the other plants look ok, but the crinum is getting browning leaves. I know there tends to be die off on plants when they are placed in new environments: is this one of those situations or should I be worried?

Side note: 100% of the plants I got from the Co-op look great! (Ex. The crypt on the left- ne melt at all!) Unfortunately they were out of a few things I wanted and I got impatient, purchasing this from a different source. Judging by the quality I got from this other source, I should have just been more patient. 😅

20200818_182234.jpg

With new plants, I generally ignore the outermost leaves / growth. Instead, look at the center and new growth (since you got it). As long as that part looks good, should be fine. I expect to lose anything that was there originally as almost everything I buy is grown emmersed and is going to melt back.

Crinum melts hard when you 1st get it, and again every time you move it. Give it time and leave it alone, you'll get a nice big Crinum eventually. 

• Thanks 1

I purchased my crinum from Aquarium Co-op and it didn't die back at all. It did really well...for a while. Then it started turning yellow, then dying off, like yours. What I finally figured out was that it wasn't getting good light, due to an algae build up on my glass lids. Once I cleaned them, and trimmed back a few ruffle sword leaves that were blocking the light, it did really well again.  Hope that helps. 

P.S. In total honesty, right now, though, my crinum has died back in a really bad way, due to the aquarium salt I treated the tank with about a month ago (to treat some illness going on with my guppies). It just did NOT like the salt. So keep that in mind, too.

• Like 1

I got my crinum from Aquarium Co op. It never melted after I got it. It is in a 20L so it's close to the light. It's planted in front of a HOB filter. I have it in my white cloud tank so the temp is about 70F. It seems to like it there because it's growing new leaves. As akconklin said above, keeping the glass tops clean really helps. I find water spots, algae and dust all decrease the light getting to the plants.