Please Help!My Aquarium has Life in it.

Daniel

Does anyone know of chemicals that will kill all these terrible little detritus worms, cyclops, paramecium, and Vorticella in my aquarium.
You can see all of this 'stuff' swimming around in the video I just shot below. The pygmy sunfish fry is eating some of it, but he will never get all it. Ugh, what am I doing wrong?

Plus I think I saw a hydra eating a flatworm or leech or something. šŸ˜’

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Hobbit said:

Bleach will probably work. Not sure what concentration you need but Iā€™d start with 1 cup per 5Ā gallons. Some people say you can just turn the temp up to 100 degrees but thatā€™s never worked for me. šŸ˜œ

Is it safe to feed during the bleach treatment?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There is a controversial method practiced amongst those who opt to go without a filter, heater, and light. The method consists of removing all water from the aquarium. That's correct, a waterless environment. Should do the trick on getting rid of all those nasties, but it might pose some side effects for theĀ pygmy sunfish. Proceed with caution.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

There is a controversial method practiced amongst those who opt to go without a filter, heater, and light. The method consists of removing all water from the aquarium. That's correct, a waterless environment. Should do the trick on getting rid of all those nasties, but it might pose some side effects for theĀ pygmy sunfish. Proceed with caution.

How many times should I repeat this treatment? I know I saw another thread using this treatment, but it didn't say how many times to repeat it?

20210115_161631.jpg.029c530191f6089d1152

Plus I noticed they were using a light. Is this a UV light?

I went ahead and began the treatment:

image.png.69c1ef1a58cc810c5869f4a0ebb3e63e.png

• Haha 6

Just now, Daniel said:

How many times should I repeat this treatment?

Sorry for the confusion, but there is no need to repeat this treatment for you will not ever put water back into the tank. It's quite simple-you can't have problems with your water if you don't have water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Aubrey said:

Sorry for the confusion, but there is no need to repeat this treatment for you will not ever put water back into the tank. It's quite simple-you can't have problems with your water if you don't have water.

Do have any scientific research to back that up? Just because they said that over on KG Tropicals, doesn't make it true.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Do have any scientific research to back that up? Just because they said that over on KG Tropicals, doesn't make it true.

image.png.affa2575bcf4fab651931ca1af61dc5e.png

This thread has been locked for abusive language of another aquarium related company.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2