Murphy is Dying

• Administrators

It's unfortunately. He took a turn for the worse quick. We talked about moving him on Tuesday. I watched the video footage nothing seemed to trigger it. I did see him just hanging out at the back of the tank in the plants. People tapping on the tank to try and get him to be more active. I have disabled the camera from public view. A sad day indeed.

I've followed accounts on social media belonging to dogs and cats (like lil Bub, Grumpy cat, etc) before, but Murphy was the first fish I didn't own that I cared about. I would check in to the feed every few weeks out of curiousity, and look forward to seeing video updates. Sorry for your loss Cory, and the rest of the ACO staff who got to see and interact with him. He will be missed. I never had the privilege of seeing him in person, but I am grateful for all the footage that is available. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Very sorry to everyone at Aquarium Co-op for all of what you're currently going through with Murphy.  I think everyone here knows that it's always been a goal to give that guy the best life and the best care around and I think the team was very successful with that.  For those that have never heard it or watched it, I'll post the video with Cory talking about Hank here below.  Losing a friend is never, ever easy, and that pain is just Love that you're feeling.  Cherish the good times and all the wonderful moments.

• Like 4

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a very loved fish friend. Sometimes it seems like we have more time and then suddenly they're gone - it's hard even when you know it's coming soon. My thoughts are with Cory and the ACO family who are missing Murphy today.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 7:55 PM, Arcticgypsy said:

Was very sad to hear the news today.  He brought smiles to so many people.  I'm sure he lived out his best life for sure.  Couldn't have had a better keeper that's for sure.  RIP our puffy friend. 

I prefer to think of Murphy as battling evil clams, IN ANOTHER DIMENSION! <cue Last Starfighter theme>

• Like 1

I am so sorry. I've spent many an afternoon or evening popping in to watch Murphy on the cam because I had a rough day or just needed a little "Happy Thoughts" time. Watching him was peaceful and therapeutic.  He will be so very missed.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 10:37 AM, FLFishChik said:

I am so sorry. I've spent many an afternoon or evening popping in to watch Murphy on the cam because I had a rough day or just needed a little "Happy Thoughts" time. Watching him was peaceful and therapeutic.  He will be so very missed.

That's me. Since December 2019, Murphy has been my 'moment of zen.'

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...