kjp

I once put some Endlers in my heavily planted angelfish tank and I could never catch them all when it was time for them to go. Over time their breeding rate was faster than my catching rate.

Eventually, I resorted to this:

trap.PNG.ee917c0612dbbbf16d8865aac371d3ef.PNG

And once I had caught the last female, the problem was solved.

Before I got the trap, I would net the fish out when they were sleeping and this worked up to a point, but I never could get all the fish.

Also @Bill Smith in yet another clever invention he as posted on the forum came up with this inexpensive alternative.

I bet this would work for larger fish if modified.

• Like 1

My tanks and most of the fish are small, so I do a lot of catching by hand. Works well for platies, guppies, gouramies, goldfish and other slow-ish and trusting fish. For fast swimmers that come to the surface, like danios, I use a transparent plastic container, they just swim right into it. Especially if a bit of floating food is added. Scoop, scoop, done. For small tetras and rasboras - a black net, second hand guidance, and a lot of time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Hi @Daniel, where do you get the catcher that you have pictured? I might need something like that in the future for my rasboras as it was very hard to move them out of the quarantine tank and I shudder to think how long it would take to catch them in the main tank!

I got mine from Memphis Net and Twine (as I type this I realize that this rhymes).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1