Guess those eggs

Shadow

On 5/11/2023 at 10:16 AM, Guppysnail said:

Those are either bladder or pond snail eggs. Possibly ramshorn but I’ve never intentionally kept ramshorn so can’t confirm. 

Cute nosey CPD

Cute and nosey indeed...that is that entire tank. Water changes are a pain as between the nanos coming to be nosey and the angels begging for food, I am afraid I will suck one of them up lol. I do have ramshorn in there, some pinks and blues, so might get rid as I don't want an explosion of snails. 

• Like 1

They look exactly like ramshorn eggs to me. 

Ramshorn eggs are in a flattish cluster (eggs all laid in one layer, with the outside ring being very circular like your pics), while pond snail eggs are in jelly-like clusters. 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2023 at 10:58 AM, Guppysnail said:

I have had more nanos take the water park ride than I can count. I only had 1 loss because one extra chunky guppy did not fit through the hole. 

RIP Extra Chonker, you will be missed. 

On 5/12/2023 at 10:30 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Snails eggs. very likely the ones that make a million by sundown.  @FLFishChik has some for comparison!

My Ramshorn Snail eggs (about a day or two from hatching out). Egg cluster is flat, single layered.

IMG_1243.jpeg

On 5/12/2023 at 10:30 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Snails eggs. very likely the ones that make a million by sundown.  @FLFishChik has some for comparison!

My Bladder snail eggs (two different angles of same cluster). Egg cluster is rounded, eggs in multiple layer.

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1246.jpeg

Edited by FLFishChik

I was going to say that those looked like Ramshorn egg cases to me. (Of which my three remaining Ramshorns have helpfully provided me with a few for comparison). I wish my bladder snails were leaving me those clusters like @FLFishChik has. We're down to one or two survivors, and those I actually see working. Unlike my curly brown freeloaders, who just muscle into my fish/shrimp food and leave me presents all over the glass.

On 5/16/2023 at 4:02 PM, Comradovich said:

I was going to say that those looked like Ramshorn egg cases to me. (Of which my three remaining Ramshorns have helpfully provided me with a few for comparison). I wish my bladder snails were leaving me those clusters like @FLFishChik has. We're down to one or two survivors, and those I actually see working. Unlike my curly brown freeloaders, who just muscle into my fish/shrimp food and leave me presents all over the glass.

Are your Bladder snails in a separate tank or in the same tank as Ramshorn? I have my Ramshorn in a 3g by themselves and my Bladders are in a 5g to themselves. I do purposefully feed the snails : times a week alternating sinking wafers and a Repashy mix. I also leave the lights on full blast for 14 hours a day to encourage algae growth, but they keep it near absent. The bladders seem to love the Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus to lay eggs on.

I just have Ramshorn and they are all leaving eggs constantly 🤣

Now that I know what they look like, I have been able to spot them. I just get rid of the ones I am able to see, as I am sure there are plenty I cannot. 😅