Clown pleco cult… err I mean appreciation society

The endler guy

Man I love my guy! Definitely one of the easiest coolest fish!! You don’t even have to feed them! Just put some wood in and boom! Also even though they are super reclusive and are almost never seen, when you see it it is truly a treat! I have gone days without a seeing a peep! But when you do see it, you are in for a treat! And since they are small, you get the pleco in a small package! What’s not to love?

50476176-B13C-4E31-A49D-1088A458804A.jpeg

• Love 3

On 2/10/2023 at 5:11 PM, The endler guy said:

Ahh but see it has multiple l numbers so it needs multiple threads!

Multiple L numbers, but same cuteness after all. Yours is looking adorable!

I have been considering to get one for myself, but my LFS does not seem to carry them for a while.

Btw, as far as I know, they use wood for digesting, so you do need to feed them to make sure they are getting enough food/nutriton😄 It is just keeping wood is a must with them

On 2/10/2023 at 9:16 AM, Lennie said:

Multiple L numbers, but same cuteness after all. Yours is looking adorable!

I have been considering to get one for myself, but my LFS does not seem to carry them for a while.

Btw, as far as I know, they use wood for digesting, so you do need to feed them to make sure they are getting enough food/nutriton😄 It is just keeping wood is a must with them

I’m not sure that they use wood for digestion, but if so that’s cool (wood is already difficult to digest as it is!)

On 2/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, Colu said:

Driftwood contains  celluose and lignin they are crucial part of wood eating plecos diet they still need to be feed a balance diet rich in plant matter and some protein as well @The endler guy

I occasionally feed some algae wafers (specifically for my pleco) but I haven’t been doing it as much because I no longer have cherry shrimp (I also feed other foods and have “some” algae problems)

On 2/10/2023 at 11:35 AM, Lennie said:

@The endler guy hey again,

I would highly recommend checking her video. If you like plecos in general, she has a great channel. It is a bit on the nerdy side, but I enjoy it 😄

Here is the video!

Oh trust me I love her channel! I just need to watch more though!

On 2/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, Colu said:

Driftwood contains  celluose and lignin they are crucial part of wood eating plecos diet they still need to be feed a balance diet rich in plant matter and some protein as well @The endler guy

Main problem is, not sure if it gets a good diet because I almost never see it!

But I do see plenty of its poop!

The funny thing is.... Waldo is a very apt pleco name!

I don't see mine nearly enough, but when I do it's like winning a little game.  I don't have a name for both of my plecs, but Luigi is always going to look pale / off when I see em (always skiddish and camoflauged).  The other one is a bit darker, finer lines on the pattern, but is just always looks great.  Sort of reminds of seeing a tiger in the snow or something...

HD white tiger in snow wallpapers | Peakpx

Not mine, but very similar!

Clown Pleco LDA22-L104 – Acres Aquatics

The one I am speaking about above, unnamed one, I do see almost every day.  I try to check on everything at night.  I am sure once the plants grow in... definitely won't be seen as much. (tall plants aren't yet.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am pro Clown pleco cult 😂 The first time I saw them at my LFS I bought all they had and ordered more from them! I have two groups growing out, nearly large enough to breed! I SHOULD be moving them all to breeding set ups tomorrow, with caves, bare bottoms and plants. Maybe then I'll be able to see them more often! haha!!

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...