Post dog pics HERE!

Theplatymaster

• 4 weeks later...

This pic was taken just a few days before he gutted, and therefore lost, his hamburger.  Meet Max.  Rescued a couple years ago after my neighbor passed away and his daughter-in-law was insisting he go to the pound.  He’s mostly a good boy and such a bundle of glee that you can’t possibly stay mad at him for long.

A1CC1A80-9341-401C-8F3D-DA15ADB73AA6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

On 3/23/2023 at 8:06 PM, Odd Duck said:

gutted, and therefore lost, his hamburger

🤣🤣🤣Poor Max 😢

He looks so sweet. I’m glad you gave him a home. He probably already was upset losing his companion. To be sent to the pound after would have been awful. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, Guppysnail said:

🤣🤣🤣Poor Max 😢

He looks so sweet. I’m glad you gave him a home. He probably already was upset losing his companion. To be sent to the pound after would have been awful. 

I’m sure he would have gotten adopted right away.  I mean, look at that face!

But we couldn’t let that happen.  We promised Rick we would take care of him.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2023 at 1:06 AM, Odd Duck said:

This pic was taken just a few days before he gutted, and therefore lost, his hamburger.  Meet Max.  Rescued a couple years ago after my neighbor passed away and his daughter-in-law was insisting he go to the pound.  He’s mostly a good boy and such a bundle of glee that you can’t possibly stay mad at him for long.

A1CC1A80-9341-401C-8F3D-DA15ADB73AA6.jpeg

He and I share a name - hopefully I have the smaller ears. 😂

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Soooo, I did a thing.  We had a 5 month old puppy come in with a history of 30 minutes of seizures and tremors.  She presented in severe tremors, went into a seizure within minutes of arrival, then right back into the severe tremors, then another seizure all while we were getting the meds drawn up to stop the seizures.  The meds stopped the seizures and mostly controlled the tremors - enough she wasn’t overheating and they were tolerable.

The owners had no money for her care, so after much soul-searching they surrendered her to me.  She gradually improved over the next 24 hours, didn’t need any further meds, and her IV fluids appeared to have sufficiently flushed out whatever toxin she was exposed to that was causing her symptoms.

She isn’t completely out of the woods since her liver appears to have been impacted by the toxin.  It’s too soon to say if she’s going to have long term damage or if the liver can heal.  Her next bloodwork is due next week and we will see which way the numbers are going.

She has no idea she has anything wrong which is always a good sign,  she is bright and bouncy and ridiculously adorable and also incredibly annoying because apparently no one has ever explained to her that she is supposed to potty outside, not inside.  🤦🏻‍♀️ Ugh, tiny dogs are soooo hard to house train!  Across the room is like across the world to them.  They know NOTHING about the tiny nugget in the corner.  😡 😠 😡 

But she is super cute and has decided my biggest dog is her idol and best pal.

0BC7386B-DDE5-4630-9AA3-83FBFD0C54FF.jpeg

C0C548E0-C455-4493-A17F-8706E2857F61.jpeg

89C2112A-4B29-457E-8D39-F3243E2D2B82.jpeg

D540ADF8-2C71-48E5-B904-117C95B37CFA.jpeg

0208EE3C-9682-48C8-A017-DAB00C0EEBA3.jpeg

F9E22FC4-20C9-4703-AAA3-5B43718F30E3.jpeg

DDB0493C-CDB9-4A80-BB49-6758D8CE08F6.jpeg

• Love 2

On 4/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

That's cute. The tiniest one with the biggest one.  She probably feels safe with the big dog nearby.  She might start to catch on w/ the house training once she sees the other dogs going to do their business outside.

You would think she would have.  Big Baxter shows her several times a day but yet . . . still not there yet.  😔  We keep trying and will keep on trying.  She’s doing well with everything else.  She was quite skittish at first but that has settled down unless she knows we want to pick her up to put her in the kennel when we leave.  🤦🏻‍♀️ We’re going to start feeding her in the kennel to make it her happy place.  She isn’t food motivated enough for simple treats to entice her, but I think meals will be enough.  I haven’t yet found the treat she will die for but I keep searching.  Mostly she just wants to jump up beside me (on her own, thank you) to snuggle and have her ears stroked or tummy rubbed.

Poor Baxter would just like to sleep on his own sometimes but he’s the favorite snuggle target for Silver, and second favorite snuggle target for Patty - short for Peppermint Patty from Peanuts since her name was Lucy but my extremely geriatric rescued yorkie is Lucy.

1D69381A-26F0-4382-9DB0-B8A9DC76DB54.jpeg

AA2A5CCB-5BAD-4C2B-91E1-D4FE726D438E.jpeg

1C769291-3AEC-4C32-BE9F-0D74A4D56F70.jpeg

• Love 2

On 4/19/2023 at 1:37 PM, Odd Duck said:

You would think she would have.  Big Baxter shows her several times a day but yet . . . still not there yet

By the way, these tablets are great.  If you buy Nature's Miracle or whatever other enzyme cleaner - it gets expensive and some of them have really strong fragrance.  This one is a tablet that you just drop in a spray bottle of water.  I had a cat that had a spraying problem, and I swore by this stuff.  We are pretty much an unscented product household due to my husband's sinuses, and this stuff didn't have much of a smell.

https://shop.jacksongalaxy.com/products/stain-odor-remover-10-pack?variant=32378548224035

Compare the price to Nature's miracle and it's a big savings.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 7:34 AM, Randall H said:

@jwcarlson the tongue cracks me up, both of mine do something similar when they're sacked out

Oh, well, I used to have the king of derpy tongue bleps.  This is my heart dog, Simon.  He’s been gone about 7 years now, but I still can’t take his pic off my phone and iPad wallpaper.  He nearly always slept with his tongue blepped out.  You could tell how tired he was by how far it was hanging out.  He had uneven ears and a slightly crooked nose, but it only made him more charming.  Sweetest dog ever.  May have been a touch brain damaged from the injuries that made his nose crooked.  He never met a stranger, loved everyone, and was the official greeter at every clinic I worked back then (was working locum mostly then).

Among other tricks, he knew how to “stop, drop, and roll” - taught him since he looked like a “fireman’s dog” but was a “purebred pit bull”.  So claimed by the “breeder” who let him get attacked by an adult dog when he was a 4 week old puppy.  They left him to nearly die on their floor, then finally brought him to the ER because he was still alive after they got home from eating.  Sometimes I hate people, but at least they brought me the best dog that ever lived.

IMG_1171.jpeg

IMG_1395.jpeg

IMG_1398.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Love 4