Post dog pics HERE!

Theplatymaster

On 2/17/2023 at 7:47 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

@Odd Duck, that cat is about to try somethin, and the dog knows it. 😅

That cat loves to snuggle with any dog that will let her.  I have dozens of pics with her snuggled up to the various dogs in the house.  She does sometimes like to scrub the “dirty dogs” which is the part that Max just cannot handle.  If she just settles down against him, he’s usually fine.  If she starts scrubbing, he’s out of there!  🤣 

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 5:47 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I'm sure @nabokovfan87 can contribute to this thread also.  He has some cute little pooches!

I left an apple core on a napkin last night. Realized hours late the frickin dog probably took it! Tried to find it everywhere. There's no way that little dog ate it. Uuuuuuuuugh. I really, really, really hate it when people feed dogs things they shouldn't have and then they start eating everything.

I'll try to get some photos of them being their crazy selves today.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Haha 1

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea

Naptime because it's finally quiet. Buddy just released the world's stinkiest little pup fart.

20230217_134641.JPG.9a6e9835089ca2ae42dc6b3a304f852d.JPG

Finally was able to unbox some stuff after being in the house for over a year. They have my old comforter for a blanket now which is cool. It's a twin one from when I was a kid, had it forever. They seem to like it! That's the one Zoey is in now. (Green on one side, green+red check on the other)

We still don't know who the apple bandit is, but one of them has gas. So.....

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Haha 3

On 2/17/2023 at 4:51 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

We still don't know who the apple bandit is

One time my parents’ dog seized an opportunity when my brother was packing his lunch. My brother stepped away to put on his shoes and the dog reached up and grabbed his sub off the counter. Knowing time was short, she raced under the computer desk and ate all the meat out of it before she got busted!  Boy was he mad! 🤣

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Haha 2

On 2/18/2023 at 6:54 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

One time my parents’ dog seized an opportunity when my brother was packing his lunch. My brother stepped away to put on his shoes and the dog reached up and grabbed his sub off the counter. Knowing time was short, she raced under the computer desk and ate all the meat out of it before she got busted!  Boy was he mad! 🤣

LOL

We had a cat who enjoyed herself a fry from jack in the box every once in a while.  She didn't get treats or anything like that, just an old cat who enjoyed the naps and peaceful quiet.  One day I was watching tv with my mom, I was a kid.  We'd JUST sat down for lunch.  Eating on the carpet watching TV.  My mom had her plate of salmon she just cooked.  She went to grab something for a second and it didn't take that cat but a few seconds to nab it and run off before either of us knew what happened.

• Haha 2

Many years ago I was watching the grand-dog while the kids were on vacation. I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. They were on the kitchen counter. We went off to bed later and in the morning I went out into the kitchen to find the dog, who was a springer spaniel,  on the counter and finishing off the last of the cupcakes. At that time I had no idea that chocolate was toxic to dogs (weird because I've had dogs pretty much my whole life). I went to work, came home and the dog was fine. My daughter called to see how things were going and I told her what he had done. She became hysterical wanting to know why I hadn't taken her to the ER vet. I said, "well she must have a cast-iron stomach because that was 18 hours ago and she is eating and acting her normal self." The dog lived to be 18 years of age, passing away a few months ago. 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2023 at 6:41 PM, JJenna said:

Many years ago I was watching the grand-dog while the kids were on vacation. I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. They were on the kitchen counter. We went off to bed later and in the morning I went out into the kitchen to find the dog, who was a springer spaniel,  on the counter and finishing off the last of the cupcakes. At that time I had no idea that chocolate was toxic to dogs (weird because I've had dogs pretty much my whole life). I went to work, came home and the dog was fine. My daughter called to see how things were going and I told her what he had done. She became hysterical wanting to know why I hadn't taken her to the ER vet. I said, "well she must have a cast-iron stomach because that was 18 hours ago and she is eating and acting her normal self." The dog lived to be 18 years of age, passing away a few months ago. 

There’s not that much chocolate in cupcakes, mostly sugar and flour and stuff. Fortunately for the dog!

Oh I was making hamburgers one time. Went outside to fire up the grill. Came back in and the cat was on the counter and had taken several bites of the raw burger!  He didn’t get sick or anything, he just got.. in trouble. 😆

On 2/18/2023 at 6:15 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

My mom had her plate of salmon she just cooked.  She went to grab something for a second and it didn't take that cat but a few seconds to nab it and run off before either of us knew what happened

Many cat foods have salmon as the main ingredient. 🤣

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

When we first got Silver, the dog snuggling cat, she had been a street stray and was quite lean, still.  We were eating pizza on TV tables and hubby stepped away for a second.  Silver jumped up in his chair and had snatched a full slice of pizza before I could even react.  She was running off with before I could say a word or reach over to  his table which was right next to me.  And I have fast responses/reflexes after working with animals for 30 years!

She is much better behaved now, but the first 6 months or so we had her, we didn’t dare step away from food without asking someone to guard the plate.  And I mean, move your plate within 6” of the person doing the guarding, not guard it from the other table - move it to their table so they could wrap their arms around both plates!  She would strike at greased lightening speed!

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 2/18/2023 at 5:57 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Many cat foods have salmon as the main ingredient. 🤣

Yes but it had spices and yes. That cat LOVED her salmon food.

On 2/18/2023 at 5:57 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Oh I was making hamburgers one time. Went outside to fire up the grill. Came back in and the cat was on the counter and had taken several bites of the raw burger!  He didn’t get sick or anything, he just got.. in trouble. 😆

Can confirm a sheepdog will whoof down two lbs in one bite without flinching. 😂

• Haha 3

My grandparents cat would climb up into trees to get at the fruit (it loved apricots) and would always fall while balancing on the spindly little twigs at the ends. 😂

That same cat once ate my 9 year old birthday cake. That was great, since my grandmothers cooking can be terrible, and afterwards the cat walked like it had had a trouser accident. 

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Yep! I love the colors on that Corydora, such brilliant orange! 😜

yes the corydora was the Catfish joke, but the Pupfish part was in reference to the photobombing platy, this should explain it.

Screenshot_2023-02-19_10-17-10.png.23cef7e50b4b7c0be32958c7b861eefa.png

( do i have to de-scientifici my jokes... :classic_sad:)

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Thanks 1