Another local fish store

Patrick_G

I’m slowly making my way to all the local fish stores. This one has been around for a long time but it’s my first time visiting.  

The fish section is very nice and relatively small compared to the Co-op or The Wet Spot but their hardscape and equipment section is amazing. 
Not a lot of images because I’m shy about walking around a store with my phone taking pics for a competitors forum 😁

52AE7309-DF4C-46BE-920E-2E67A672571F.jpeg

6ABB8019-0D2B-4EDE-B82C-E3011023D68A.jpeg

5F6ED9B0-7A35-47DC-8F7A-69ABBBCD6290.jpeg

E28AFF46-7A99-4F9A-98F3-F9A64D5D98B0.jpeg

76D03979-FE7A-4378-9090-A7DD17C81859.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 9

On 1/26/2023 at 5:43 PM, jwcarlson said:

That looks pretty awesome!  I should really make a point to get around to a couple others around here.  They're all an hour or a bit more away though. 

I’m on Vashon so more or less the same for me. I do feel lucky that there are so many shop within that one hour radius. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 5:38 PM, Patrick_G said:

The fish section is very nice and relatively small compared to the Co-op or The Wet Spot but their hardscape and equipment section is amazing. 

Looks like it's 5x the stuff I have locally, really nice shop.

As always, good to see the Bettas getting slightly better conditions.

I recognize this place. I go there for the hardscape specifically. Depends on the day of the week you go because the good driftwoods go fast, but they really do get some nice larger pieces and are the cheapest around for that that I know of. From what I understand, the other LFSs get their driftwood from this place because it's the owner here that gets them imported and picks out the larger pieces himself. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:38 PM, Patrick_G said:

I’m slowly making my way to all the local fish stores. This one has been around for a long time but it’s my first time visiting.  

Not a lot of images because I’m shy about walking around a store with my phone taking pics for a competitors forum 😁

52AE7309-DF4C-46BE-920E-2E67A672571F.jpeg

6ABB8019-0D2B-4EDE-B82C-E3011023D68A.jpeg

5F6ED9B0-7A35-47DC-8F7A-69ABBBCD6290.jpeg

E28AFF46-7A99-4F9A-98F3-F9A64D5D98B0.jpeg

76D03979-FE7A-4378-9090-A7DD17C81859.jpeg

This place looks enormous and amazing! The best fish stores I've ever seen in person have to be the ones in the Dallas Texas area when I went to Aquashella. Where I live in Iowa everything is an hour away and not nearly as big and fancy, but there is something special and charming about small fish stores that get together the few aquarium hobbyists in the area together. 

• Like 1

I know the shop! Actually Brandon had me go there for the aquatop 12g I have now. Said they offered the most competitive prices on it, and was right

Their driftwood is reasonably priced. Although I have been burnt here when they were under different management on exotic fish. Or exotic at the time. My phantom plecos did not survive quarantine. I have heard they are better now.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 12:57 PM, lefty o said:

looks neat, clean, and organized. wish the few local shops around me were that nice.

Yes, I feel the same way!

I will be driving at least an hour one way,  to find decent fish.

I would love to order from Aqua Huna, but I'm too far from Washington State.

I feel like fish get too stressed out being shipped, and don't want to put them through that.