Jump to content

World Cup 2022


Fish Folk
 Share

Recommended Posts

My fish might struggle a bit this month. Qatar World Cup 2022 is happening!

0E5255A0-4186-4E12-8A0B-9EBEEF2F2135.jpeg.0626fb96f0d630a96815d907c7110699.jpeg

We are watching on FuboTV. It is available on Peacocktv too.

This tournament is so incredible. This morning, we got up at 5:00 am ET to  watch KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) — a team of which I defy anyone to name a single player from — defeat Argentina 2-1. ARGENTINA!!! Even fans of all other inferior sports will know Messi. Every soccer fan can recognize Di Maria,  Martinez, Dybala, and more. Crazy upset. My bracket is totally rocked. 

Anyway, if you’re a fan of the beautiful game like @Streetwise and I are, post your WC feedback here, and follow this thread!

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 1:31 PM, Fish Folk said:

My fish might struggle a bit this month. Qatar World Cup 2022 is happening!

0E5255A0-4186-4E12-8A0B-9EBEEF2F2135.jpeg.0626fb96f0d630a96815d907c7110699.jpeg

We are watching on FuboTV. It is available on Peacocktv too.

This tournament is so incredible. This morning, we got up at 5:00 am ET to  watch KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) — a team of which I defy anyone to name a single player from — defeat Argentina 2-1. ARGENTINA!!! Even fans of all other inferior sports will know Messi. Every soccer fan can recognize Di Maria,  Martinez, Dybala, and more. Crazy upset. My bracket is totally rocked. 

Anyway, if you’re a fan of the beautiful game like @Streetwise and I are, post your WC feedback here, and follow this thread!

Go England!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿! 6-2 versus Iran!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the Group Stage lineup…

1BB37D87-54F2-4A85-AE1F-647906B89E53.jpeg.c44937c695fa38ec185de09126268e69.jpeg

So far…

Ecuador beat Qatar 2-0

Netherlands bested Senegal 2-0

 England crushed Iran 6-2

USA tied Wales 1-1

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shocked Argentina 2-1

Denmark and Tunisia went duck-eggs 0-0

Mexico and Poland got nowhere 0-0

All eyes on France 🇫🇷 vs. Australia 🇦🇺 now, 2:00 pm ET.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 7:26 PM, Fish Folk said:

All eyes on France 🇫🇷 vs. Australia 🇦🇺 now, 2:00 pm ET.

Yes, that’ll be interesting, and if France lose I can wind up my French teacher who’s been wearing their merch for the past week 😁

Edited by TheSwissAquarist
Spelingg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 1:45 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Yes, that’ll be interesting, and if France lose I can wind up my French teacher who’s been wearing their mercy for the past week 😁

I think you'd better honor your teacher . . . for better reasons, but also because the France team played very well!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2022 at 12:07 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

It’s quite surprising how most of the good teams are getting beaten by some underdogs. Switzerland vs Cameroon today—Cameroon might win🤷‍♂️!

Watching now…

Goalless first half a sharp boxing match. Both sides have dangerous moments. Looks like it could go either way. 

Edited by Fish Folk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2022 at 1:05 PM, Fish Folk said:

Well, SUI 1-0 CMR, with a goal from a Swiss 🇨🇭  player born in Cameroon 🇨🇲 

Kid was so emotional he didn’t even celebrate…

534B7620-9A49-46B2-87C2-A13E3C4D13BF.jpeg.b41255185870f0672229ecab4336fbd5.jpeg

Tough match! Swiss defended well. 

Got the pass from Shaquiri, through a Cameroon players legs! Can’t wait for England vs USA tomorrow 😁!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2022 at 7:57 PM, Jungle Fan said:

@Fish Folk Germany seems to not be playing with their first line player line up this time, either that, or they are occupying their mind with what's currently going on in Europe, so my hopes for 27th Nov. aren't very high, might as well be rooting for FC Barcelona.

_Never_ count Germany out! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...