Very special fish on the way!

Patrick_G

I’m very lucky, forum regular and fish breeder extraordinaire, @Fish Folk had gifted me some of his Nothobranchius Guentheri redtail notho Killifish. 
They are in the mail and should be here in the Seattle area on Thursday. I still haven’t decided where I’m going to house them yet. I'm planning on immediately trying to breed them so I'm leaning towards getting a new 5 gallon rimmed tank and a tight fitting glass lid. I'll post an unboxing and start a journal when they arrive. 

1276F69E-7D57-4EB6-B526-02E2FFF51A2E.jpeg.7dbd6d59dc0e4b15917580baaf03bb4d.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 10

On 11/7/2022 at 11:20 PM, Patrick_G said:

I’m very lucky, forum regular and fish breeder extraordinaire, @Fish Folk had gifted me some of his Nothobranchius Guentheri redtail notho Killifish. 
They are in the mail and should be here in the Seattle area on Thursday. I still haven’t decided where I’m going to house them yet. I'm planning on immediately trying to breed them so I'm leaning towards getting a new 5 gallon rimmed tank and a tight fitting glass lid. I'll post an unboxing and start a journal when they arrive. 

Really want to get my hands on some of those! They're beautiful!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 2:20 PM, Patrick_G said:

What are you planning for the tank to look? Going for a bare bones breeding tank or more of something to look at?

I'm definitely following this to see how things go for you!

Are you worried at all about shipping with the cold we're having?

Edited by Schuyler
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, Patrick_G said:

i bought monia eggs from a seller who sells all sorts of live food eggs (daphnia, fairy shrimp, monia, cyclops, etc.) they have some pretty cool products, like tryops eggs and even kili fish eggs

Edited by Aiden Carter
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 6:33 AM, Fish Folk said:

Don't want to steal thunder from @Patrick_G . I'm eager to see what he puts together with these too! I will confirm that the fish arrived alive. Beyond that, I'll go make some popcorn . . . and enjoy the show!

I would have posted yesterday but I was too busy watching my new fish. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...