Saving Fish Left to DIE in Pet Store Dumpster

Hoi Polloi

• Administrators

This is fake. There would never be a reason to individually bag fish, then write on them and put them in the dumpster. Magically there was no dead fish either. Someone who is willing to throw away live fish, healthy fish at that, wouldn't bag them. And there'd be other dead fish in that box, which there isn't. Furthermore, they've hyped up the thumbnail including stuff that wasn't in there. Putting fish into a dumpster is animal abandonment. We've had people charged with it when abandoning fish in front of a store I worked at. The fish froze to death. If the store is doing this, it takes a phone call to animal control. They'll then be charged and would put an end to it. However that doesn't lead to video number 2 for views....

Unfortunately there is a growing culture that will do anything for views and make stuff up. This is the same type of stuff like finding "1 in a million blue lobster in the drain" etc. What I wonder is, how many things get oops'd and don't make it on camera. Like look at all these mollies we found in X. and they only find 8 of the 14 that went in etc. It's bad all around and unfortunately isn't going away.

On 11/3/2022 at 8:20 PM, Cory said:

This is fake. There would never be a reason to individually bag fish, then write on them and put them in the dumpster. Magically there was no dead fish either. Someone who is willing to throw away live fish, healthy fish at that, wouldn't bag them. And there'd be other dead fish in that box, which there isn't. Furthermore, they've hyped up the thumbnail including stuff that wasn't in there. Putting fish into a dumpster is animal abandonment. We've had people charged with it when abandoning fish in front of a store I worked at. The fish froze to death. If the store is doing this, it takes a phone call to animal control. They'll then be charged and would put an end to it. However that doesn't lead to video number 2 for views....

Unfortunately there is a growing culture that will do anything for views and make stuff up. This is the same type of stuff like finding "1 in a million blue lobster in the drain" etc. What I wonder is, how many things get oops'd and don't make it on camera. Like look at all these mollies we found in X. and they only find 8 of the 14 that went in etc. It's bad all around and unfortunately isn't going away.

Yay it’s sad that YouTube doesn’t do anything about it

On 11/3/2022 at 8:20 PM, Cory said:

Think about it, how many time has an arawana just appeared in your pond? Or how many times have these unrealistic situations happened to you or someone you know? If it happened at the frequency the videos make it think it happens then you would be finding fish all day

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 5:27 AM, Aiden Carter said:

Yay it’s sad that YouTube doesn’t do anything about it

I suspect YouTube doesn't care.  Even if they did they'd need an army of employees to check the accuracy of all the videos being posted.

Edited by JettsPapa

There was a post I just saw today on Facebook that debunked this guy on this video.  He supposedly calls his friend and tells him all about these fish he just bought, then a couple days later a video pops up about him “saving” the same fish from whatever adverse circumstances.  I don’t know the video guy or the guy claiming to be his friend that’s doing the debunking.

I’m with @Cory, there’s NO WAY a fish store is throwing out bagged and labeled fish.  That would mean they either threw them away in the same bag they came in, or the customer threw them away immediately after buying them.  Neither makes any sense at all.  This is pure hoax and click bait.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 11:05 AM, Odd Duck said:

I’m with @Cory, there’s NO WAY a fish store is throwing out bagged and labeled fish.  That would mean they either threw them away in the same bag they came in, or the customer threw them away immediately after buying them.  Neither makes any sense at all.  This is pure hoax and click bait.

Very sad to see. First thing I thought when I saw it was how dude bought fish and put it somewhere to make a video.  Click bait is literally someone lying in the title to get you to click. This is basically just fraud on some level.

Considering all the content creators out there....

"Good food takes time"

Just focus on good videos and enjoy and support good content.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 1:20 AM, Cory said:

I agree, it seems like sensationalism is sadly becoming a part of society.

On 11/4/2022 at 7:05 PM, Odd Duck said:

there’s NO WAY a fish store is throwing out bagged and labeled fish.  That would mean they either threw them away in the same bag they came in, or the customer threw them away immediately after buying them.  Neither makes any sense at all.  This is pure hoax and click bait.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:20 AM, Cory said:

Putting fish into a dumpster is animal abandonment. We've had people charged with it when abandoning fish in front of a store I worked at. The fish froze to death.

Coming back at night....the fish would have frozen to death! Strangely the fish are incredibly vigorous too...

• Like 1

Putting giant goldfish and pictures of fake aquariums in a dumpster marked CARDBOARD ONLY is clearly a sign of criminal activity.  This guy might be part of an international fish smuggling ring.  "She" gets a text listing which fish needs to be "sick" and responds back as to when and where to rescue the package.

Having been a dumpster investigator for many years, I can confirm that people/stores do throw away new or almost new merchandise.  Sometimes it is the easiest way to make a problem disappear, and sometimes things are thrown out to be rescued later.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, Pepere said:

And I bet this thread is  contributing to increased views for the videos in question..

which Iam willing to bet is just fine with the “content creator”

ahhh not me i watched on incognito with ad blockers, and one time viewers(~234) are much less important then even losing a few reoccurring viewers

On 11/5/2022 at 9:58 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

New one....I bet you'll probably even recognise the fis from the previous video...same Oscar. 🙄

I was laughing at how staged much of the video seemed, yet it made me wonder what you'd actually find in various Florida waterways. Given the history of ornamental fish farming and flooding, I could only imagine plenty of aquarium fish have made their way into local waterways.

But WOW! What a terrible and sad YouTube channel, definitely not the content I enjoy seeing posted. With that said, those are some interesting (native?) mollies, and an unfortunate oscar which are commonly released into the wild.

Edited by DanPlanted