The not so biotope South American biotope

On 12/18/2022 at 12:30 PM, Aiden Carter said:

Sadly my female ram died, probably low water temp, low oxygen and fictitious in water parameters. Need less to say I don’t think I’ll be getting knife fish any time soon: (

But I don’t want to give up on dwarf cichlids! (Unless you guys think I’m not ready for them) what sort do you think are good for beginners? I have been doing a little research and Bolivians seem much easier I personally like apistos but they are a little pricey and my only experience with them was less then a day. Any thoughts?  

On 12/18/2022 at 6:47 PM, Aiden Carter said:

But I don’t want to give up on dwarf cichlids! (Unless you guys think I’m not ready for them) what sort do you think are good for beginners? I have been doing a little research and Bolivians seem much easier I personally like apistos but they are a little pricey and my only experience with them was less then a day. Any thoughts?  

Apistogramma are quite fun, but I would also recommend Kribensis as well

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 4:53 PM, Aiden Carter said:

so if im not getting knives then what should i get? im thinking a large school of tetras and a pair of Bolivian rams or maybe an easy pair of apistos (my parents want my tank fully stocked so I stop asking to get fish lol) 

AquStockImage.png

maybe lots of ember tetras but they are very expensive for the amounts that I would like 

On 12/21/2022 at 9:39 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Secretly break into Petco or PetSmart in the dead of night and bag up 35 little ember tetras. With any luck none will die, and on the plus side you can grab a couple of plants while you’re at it 😂

Do Petco/smart usually have some? I didn’t see any on their website