The not so biotope South American biotope

On 12/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

If you go by filtration, sure. The issue is that you're getting warnings about fish size vs tank size. Sometimes this matters because of aggression, but that's what I like the tool for most. It gives you temp, parameters, and it gives you a good resource to check stocking issues in that capacity.

I was using it more to keep track of fish 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 4:46 PM, DiscusLover said:

That one neon kinda looks like a green neon, the red looks less red compared to the others, but that could be because of the camera 

It’s also because I got them a few weeks ago and haven’t fully colored up, (same with the other three)

On 12/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

If you go by filtration, sure. The issue is that you're getting warnings about fish size vs tank size. Sometimes this matters because of aggression, but that's what I like the tool for most. It gives you temp, parameters, and it gives you a good resource to check stocking issues in that capacity.

It’s really weird because I was looking for small knife fish put in African brown (not a true knife fish btw, it’s a feather back!) and for some reason it decided to remain in the stocking even after I removed it! So just don’t mind that!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 4:46 PM, DiscusLover said:

That one neon kinda looks like a green neon, the red looks less red compared to the others, but that could be because of the camera 

Looking at other green neons I do think that one is a green (the line seems too straight for a regular neon) is it okay if I only have one green and 6 regular?

Looks like a cardinal vs. a neon to me?

Disclaimer, I am very bad at tetras. Love them, love the colors, but terrible with them.  I just enjoy seeing them, wish I had em, honestly never kept em.  I have had some glofish rescues, but we won't count those.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Aren’t they super expensive??

Most "clown plecos" are just sold at the big box store as their "fancy pleco", but finding the L number is a battle.  There's 4-5 of them that are commonly sold as one common name.  They can be anywhere from $5-$15 depending on the shop and size. 

If you do happen to find an L number and it's accurate attached to a clown, that increases the cost, especially for some of the nicer panaque species.

On 12/3/2022 at 4:36 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Most "clown plecos" are just sold at the big box store as their "fancy pleco", but finding the L number is a battle.  There's 4-5 of them that are commonly sold as one common name.  They can be anywhere from $5-$15 depending on the shop and size. 

If you do happen to find an L number and it's accurate attached to a clown, that increases the cost, especially for some of the nicer panaque species.

I don’t really mind as long as they all are the same care and size!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

help! im sad to say that one of my german blue rams died tonight. I dont really know why. it got bit right above the eye a week ago and I thought it was healing well, but I guess not. It hit me really hard 

ph 7.2

temp 77 (when lights are off and tank lid was open)

ammonia- 0

nitrite- 0

nitrate- 5

IMG_1287[1].JPG

IMG_1286[1].JPG

IMG_1285[1].JPG

IMG_1284[1].JPG

• Sad 1