Kyle

Pea puffer (hard to find right now), betta, honey gourami, sparkling gourami, maybe a ridiculously gorgeous guppy? All of them have the potential to chow on your shrimp but I don’t think you’ll be able to easily escape that. I would think the pea puffer would be most likely to cause carnage. 

Edited by RovingGinger
  • Like 1

If you want shrimp I wouldn't do a "showpiece" fish I would do just shrimp or have a small schooling fish like CPDs anything large enough to be a show fish will probably stress the shrimp out to much that they would never be super successful. If you really need that showpiece I would do a licorice or sparkling gourami they are small enough they should be fine with shrimp without to much trouble 

• Like 1

I have 11 juvenile danio erythromicron (dwarf emerald rasboras) currently in quarantine and planning on matching them up with some yellow shrimp in a 10-gal. I've read that their max size is 1" and they are very shy so do well as a single species or with peaceful shrimp and snails. So maybe 6 or 8 of them in your tank, and a couple of interesting snails...?