Hey guys I’m new here and new to keeping fish. I had a 20 gallon tank for about 4 months and had it stocked with neon tetras and a bristlenose pleco and a clown pleco. I just recently upgraded to a 29 gallon tank and still have the same stock in it. 8 neons and the 2 plecos. Will the bristlenose and clown pleco be ok to stay in the 29 gallon? They are both very small maybe only an inch and a half. The clown pleco hides 95% of the time in the driftwood and the bristlenose is always out and about on the glass or driftwood. Thanks in advance!

On 7/26/2022 at 7:13 PM, Hard Wood said:

Will the bristlenose and clown pleco be ok to stay in the 29 gallon?

They take up different parts of the tank. They'll be fine.  I have 2 clowns in mine.  Just keep an eye on the mulm and make sure you siphon it regularly during cleaning.

They will be great in there. They will grow right into them. I would not get more. They are the best algae eaters when smaller I think. Once there full grown they seem to not eat as much, but still eat it. It’s like kids eat all the time and most adults can’t eat all the time or it’s bad for health but they still eat.