Stocking recommendation (medium skilled keeper)

Clovis

Looking to add some more eye catching fish to my 15g FluvalFlex. It’s heavily planted with medium flow. 

Right now there is one sparkling gourami, about 3 Pygmy Cory’s, a couple Amano shrimp and an assortment of snails including some pests. 

Thoughts? 

9F62C4E1-F939-4484-9AD5-E775466A5A55.jpeg

• Love 1

If you have a tight lid (or can easily get one). Clown killifish look amazing, love a heavily planted tank and stay small. I have a small group in one of my nano tanks and they are a blast to watch. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 5:19 AM, Clovis said:

Thoughts? 

I would trim out a lot of those plants to give fish some room.  Entirely up to you!

Chili rasboras might be a good one in this tank given the wall of green.  Aquahuna has some black emperor tetras that look pretty awesome as well.  I don't know if they will be compatible with the gourami though.  I'm trying to think of something purple or something that would pop off the green in your tank.  That's where my mind goes if I was to add something to the tank.

I found the one I was trying to think of! Melon barbs.
2A97894.jpg?&width=600&height=380&bgcolo

The ones I saw I remember they had a purple hue to them. As long as temps make sense and all other research points the right direction, it's a really cool species/category of fish with a lot of unique patterns. A little bit bigger than something like a neon tetra.

Edited by nabokovfan87

I wold probably go for 3-4 more pygmy cories, a small school (6-7) of Ember Tetras, and another small group (6 or so) Pygmy Hatchet Fish. The pymgy hatchets can be a little hard to come by but there are places online that pretty consistently carry them. I just now realized that this little setup is basically a combo of what posters above have suggested.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:04 AM, JettsPapa said:

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but have you considered adding a few more sparkling gouramis?  Most gouramis (excluding dwarf gouramis) are social fish, and seem to do better in groups than as singles.

It looks like the perfect scape for Sparkling gouramis. They love to hide in the plants and dart out for food, or just to let you know how tough they are. 
A few folks mentioned Ember tetras. Those would look great among the plants. Chili rasboras would also look nice and might be a better match with Sparklers size wise. 
More Corydoras for sure!! 🙂 

• Like 1