On 7/26/2022 at 1:11 PM, Guppysnail said:

No that is phosphate which I have. The potassium is the K a tiny amount goes a long way. I use this dose calculator I think it’s linked to GLA https://rotalabutterfly.com/nutrient-calculator.php

0722590C-F937-4A5C-BD28-356EAB9D584A.png

@Guppysnail I looked at the calculator but I’m nervous. How much do you use, and are you low light

On 7/28/2022 at 4:40 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

All good. works fine 🙂

I did my last one using the gap between the wall and the tank. It's a pain, but it's the easiest thing you can imagine.

That's what I had to do with my 75g. 😂 It was hard because My gap is barely enough to get my arm in and I have the arms and legs of a corgi dog.

All things aside, I like black backgrounds but frosted clear can be nice and no background works fine.

@Chick-In-Of-TheSeaThe background you pulled down was a little distracting from your beautiful plants.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2022 at 4:10 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Annnnd for some reason I’m over on YouTube watching vids on how to setup a fiddler crab tank. 🤣 

But let’s be real. I do not have the space for said fiddler crab tank.

But my Spidey sense's are tingling and I bet you'll be starting one within 30 days. Mark this date!

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:58 AM, Guppysnail said:

1/64-1/16 tsp on 10-20 gallons. 

It’s not harmful so super exactnesses are not a big issue. 

66CC3470-8FC3-4203-AE58-B330E5A40AE8.png

Thanks. The calculator was coming up with 1.75 Tablespoons which sounds like a lot.

(29 gal tank)

A tiny spoon came with the Kanaplex. I wonder what the measurement is on that little spoon. Hmm…

On 7/31/2022 at 10:38 AM, TeeJay said:

But my Spidey sense's are tingling and I bet you'll be starting one within 30 days. Mark this date!

My husband already told me NO more fish tanks! But my Aqueon forge stand has a spot on the bottom of it for a 5.5 gallon which I want to setup as a quarantine space. (Shh don’t tell.. I don’t think he will notice because it’s lower to the floor and there’s a table in the way. LOL!) The tote has been serving me for quarantine thus far but I have to net fish every time I want to examine their symptoms.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 7:14 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Thanks. The calculator was coming up with 1.75 Tablespoons which sounds like a lot.

No way. You can set the amount you want to dose to. I accidentally double dosed my 40. I usually do 1/8-1/4 tsp. I accidentally did 1/2 tsp. I dose in water for change. Tank went cloudy fish acted off. I did a 50% wc to fix and fish went back to normal 

(29 gal tank)

A tiny spoon came with the Kanaplex. I wonder what the measurement is on that little spoon. Hmm…

My husband already told me NO more fish tanks! But my Aqueon forge stand has a spot on the bottom of it for a 5.5 gallon which I want to setup as a quarantine space. (Shh don’t tell.. I don’t think he will notice because it’s lower to the floor and there’s a table in the way. LOL!) The tote has been serving me for quarantine thus far but I have to net fish every time I want to examine their symptoms.

Ohhhh I'm tellin....your gonna be in big trouble!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

My husband already told me NO more fish tanks!

Mine said that 4 tanks ago. I either wait until football season to set them up. Sundays nothing is noticeable but the TV 🤣. The new little 5 g on the bottom went unnoticed without football so you may safe. 
Besides it’s not a tank it’s a QT only for when a fish is ill, then you end up with extra plant clippings you might as well throw in…. Then ….🤣 

• Haha 2

On 7/31/2022 at 7:42 PM, Guppysnail said:

Mine said that 4 tanks ago. I either wait until football season to set them up. Sundays nothing is noticeable but the TV 🤣. The new little 5 g on the bottom went unnoticed without football so you may safe. 
Besides it’s not a tank it’s a QT only for when a fish is ill, then you end up with extra plant clippings you might as well throw in…. Then ….🤣 

I answer to no one! I do what I want!! 😂

• Haha 2

LOL..... ya'll are just being feisty.

I definitely don't recommend more tanks!!!!! There's a long story to that and it's something I had to go through and I think it's normal for a lot of hobbyists. MTS is so real especially seeing all the Cory vlogs and all the fun stuff he does.  Smaller tanks are so easy to pile up!

I think I am always going to limit myself to 3. at most. At best, 2.

I would encourage you all to have healthy, open, up front conversations and no be sneaky with fish tanks! LOL.

Maybe what you want and need aren't the same thing!  I wanted a 55G, but I NEEDED a 75G.  See?

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 9:53 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I definitely don't recommend more tanks!!!!! There's a long story to that and it's something I had to go through and I think it's normal for a lot of hobbyists. MTS is so real especially seeing all the Cory vlogs and all the fun stuff he does.  Smaller tanks are so easy to pile up!

I would encourage you all to have healthy, open, up front conversations and no be sneaky with fish tanks! LOL.

Maybe what you want and need aren't the same thing!  I wanted a 55G, but I NEEDED a 75G.  See?

I’m not “adding” a tank though. I’m “replacing” a tote.. with a tank!

• Haha 2

On 7/31/2022 at 6:55 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I’m not “adding” a tank though. I’m “replacing” a tote.. with a tank!

no no no.... Just glass storage shelf for fish and things.  A tank looks nice, this is PURELY for storage for later use. elswhere. in a bigger tank. somewhere nice. with fun stuff to make it look awesome.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 4:42 PM, Guppysnail said:

My husband said I could have two fish tanks. So I made a shrimp tank... 🤣

And.... Two other tanks... 😂

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:53 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I was totally joking and apologize if it sounded otherwise. Nothing sneaky. My hubby supports anything that makes me happy. He bought the last big tank I added as a surprise gift. I’ve gone through phases throughout my life. I increase and then scale back and increase and scale back.
I do agree if it ever became a point of contention  I would consider it a problem. He always says no more tanks. In reality as long as my tanks stay in my two fish rooms he doesn’t care. As long as I don’t expand beyond those rooms. He HATES WET SOCKS and fears me putting one in the living room 🤣 Though he almost got me the setup for a turtle he fell in love with. 
the progression from a qt into a not qt is seriously real though. I’ve finally gone to using totes for that reason. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 9:58 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

no no no.... Just glass storage shelf for fish and things.  A tank looks nice, this is PURELY for storage for later use. elswhere. in a bigger tank. somewhere nice. with fun stuff to make it look awesome.

I just want to see the quarantine fishies’ symptoms. I can’t do that in the tote. It’s not fair to be netting them every time. This is purely for scientific observation. 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Ok.. I liked the black background and first because I was going away from the “busy” background. I decided it wasn’t for me. Too gloomy. @Guppysnail called it. The no background. That’s what I’m going with.

ECF5D64F-8BD8-488A-A5FF-76A1A29C94D9.jpeg

7052A641-D5C1-40DB-B3D0-753EEF61EC2F.jpeg

That looks so amazing with no background. The details really pop. 😍

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2022 at 1:21 PM, redfish said:

@nabokovfan87  You mentioned a background you liked?  Do you mind sharing the brand/kind?

https://www.amazon.com/Velimax-Blackout-Stickers-Blocking-Darkening/dp/B073TVRQ5D?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Just make sure to order the right height, This is the one I have.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 2