Cadet is curling up around the Kat’s Aquatics new food. He really likes it, apparently. This is the 3-in-1 and I’m trying to see which one they like. He ate all the red ones first. 

IMG_6110.jpeg.0aa3132b7388130550454476ddc11122.jpeg

New little blue guy from Aquashella joins in and goes for a green one.

IMG_6111.jpeg.1cd83ba4b0470f4a3dbce228404ee322.jpeg

Juniper shows up next

IMG_6112.jpeg.c9e554c0749c151df5644a6dbaf63032.jpeg

IMG_6113.jpeg.a052e168e72068c2ee9a1591399371bb.jpeg

I think I like this food! It’s not all dusty, and the fish didn’t figure out how to steal it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Was sitting watching shrimps yesterday with the magnifying glass. They were picking apart a soggy catappa leaf. Satisfying to see the shrimp empty a cell of the leaf, allowing light to shine through, and moving onto the next. The leaf skeleton should be ready for me later today.

I have at least 2 lovely red shrimp: a warm chestnut color. They were swimming about. The key to getting shrimps to swim more is time between feedings and floating plants. Feed shrimps if they are swimming/active but if they are just sitting or walking, they are not that hungry.

I woke up this morning to the tickle of whiskers on my cheek, little puffs of air and sniff sniff noises on my eyebrow, a long warm purr and a massage (kneading).  Very pleasant way to wake up, despite the 5am hour. My view was something like this.

70319154937__52FE922F-74B8-464B-A263-C9765FADA588.jpeg

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

And so it begins again. They are turning over a new leaf!  (I see the shrimps; they are turning.. hehe 🙄)

IMG_6276.jpeg

I give them the soggy, ready to fall apart leaves from Geppetto’s tank and they love them. Geppetto’s tank is hotter by about 7 degrees, and leaves tend to break down quicker there.

Another blue jelly type shrimp (on bottom left edge) with that black inkspot pattern. See the green carapace? Signature for a blue jelly. (I think. I don’t really research too much into the genetics. I just allow stuff to happen and make sure everyone is healthy).

I heard someone (Secret History, perhaps?) say in a video, wild types have the most potential.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 4