Pleco and cucumber

Waricks

Just cut it.   Rubber band it to a rock, veggie clip or whatever.   I have had some fish like the skin.   I figure what’s the harm.   So I leave it.  Cucumber- zucchini- squash….   I would use butternut squash a lot for breeding….   Once the fish realize it is a food source, a lot of fish will eat it.   

With the pleco pictured that feeds plant matter and detritus it’s great I’ll have used blanched zucchini and yellow squash blanched. If you Ever buy a new pleco make sure you know if it eats plant matter and detritus water or one of the many types that are more carnivore. I have Observed every pleco I’ve ever owned chewing on a piece of Wood once in a while

Edited by Brandon p
  • Like 2

I find zucchini makes a little less mess than cucumber.  I get the English seedless cucumbers they seem to make a bit less mess than standard ones. Those I wash slice and put a plant weight on. My BNPs favorite is lightly steamed fresh green beans. I open them to remove the seeds and clip a plant weight on and lay meat side up.  Other veggies I steam lightly orange, yellow and red bell pepper( note their poo will be the color of the pepper), broccoli stems, baby carrots(I steam these a bit longer as they are so hard soft but not mushy.  I use suction cup clips with a plastic spring for romaine lettuce, spinach and kale.  I also sometimes use a bamboo skewer.  

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 3

On 5/24/2022 at 8:12 PM, Brandon p said:

have Observed every pleco I’ve ever owned chewing on a piece of Wood once in a while

I agree.   When I spawn plecos…. Any type I place a small piece of drift wood.  

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 8:39 AM, Brian said:

I agree.   When I spawn plecos…. Any type I place a small piece of drift wood.  

I think that spawns of plecos should have wood in with them. I think that it helps get the gut moving> i have seen some that still have a small yolk sac chew that wood. I dont like that cholla wood though.

• 2 weeks later...