Repashy

JessLynne7

I’m not gonna lie I have been making my own repashy.

it’s a hit but messy.

looking to buying the real deal. I have seen people spread it out of kabob sticks. Any experience with that!? 

also any dyi pleco feeders out there besides buying the actual feeder that hangs down

• Like 1

So I feed a mixture of things, Algae wafers, Repashy, Bottom feeder crumbles, and veggies. 

For the Veggies I just take bamboo skewers and then push the veggies through them and skewer it to the substrate. I've seen others take stainless steel forks and bend them so they sit flat on a bare bottom tank while holding the veggies in place. 

For Repashy I have small Tupperware that I make mine in and follow the 2 parts water to 1 part Repashy to make a bit more solid jello with it. I'll then cut that up and put it the left overs into the fridge. It can last up-to two weeks in there but I usually run through it in about a week. For my plecos I mix the Morning Wood and the Solient Green Repashy together. So one teaspoon of each kind with four teaspoons of water lasts me about a week.  

On 4/26/2022 at 11:58 AM, josephnoctum said:

So I feed a mixture of things, Algae wafers, Repashy, Bottom feeder crumbles, and veggies. 

For the Veggies I just take bamboo skewers and then push the veggies through them and skewer it to the substrate. I've seen others take stainless steel forks and bend them so they sit flat on a bare bottom tank while holding the veggies in place. 

For Repashy I have small Tupperware that I make mine in and follow the 2 parts water to 1 part Repashy to make a bit more solid jello with it. I'll then cut that up and put it the left overs into the fridge. It can last up-to two weeks in there but I usually run through it in about a week. For my plecos I mix the Morning Wood and the Solient Green Repashy together. So one teaspoon of each kind with four teaspoons of water lasts me about a week.  

Omg pushing it they the substrate 

your a genius! Thank you.

I think my issue is I was making my own dyi repashy and I need to break down and try the real thing

On 4/26/2022 at 8:39 AM, JessLynne7 said:

looking to buying the real deal. I have seen people spread it out of kabob sticks. Any experience with that!? 

I highly recommend watching this blog. About half-way through cory makes some repashy but it's a great VLOG! 

You can use anything, literally any surface.  you can dip it into the repashy and let it cure as you normally would and then add that to the tank.  The easiest thing being a cave or pot that you can take out, then add back in.  I tend to opt for freezing the repashy or feeding it fresh because it's just so much easier.

On 4/26/2022 at 11:03 AM, JessLynne7 said:

I think my issue is I was making my own dyi repashy and I need to break down and try the real thing

Ah! I didn't realize from reading the first post your where dyi'ing your own Repashy. That's pretty cool. I for me I think the real stuff is completely worth it. Great ingredients, and easy / time saving, but DYI'ing your own is pretty awesome. 

On 4/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, eatyourpeas said:

@Guppysnail is the kebab expert. I make little silicone cube trays. They freeze very well.

Thank you I thought there was someone on here that use the kebabs. Thank you againThank you I thought there was someone on here that use the kebabs. Thank you again

On 4/26/2022 at 12:43 PM, josephnoctum said:

Ah! I didn't realize from reading the first post your where dyi'ing your own Repashy. That's pretty cool. I for me I think the real stuff is completely worth it. Great ingredients, and easy / time saving, but DYI'ing your own is pretty awesome. 

. I just noticed that it broke down quicker and left a mess at the bottom of the tank. But the fish liked it so much that they ate the mess lol. Thank you for all your help and suggestionsHey thank you I never even thought about adding it to a part that you can take in and out. That’s a really good idea. I just didn’t have the money for the repashy and I had some leftover food I crunched it up and put it in the gelatin. I will say that the fish love it and they went crazy. I just noticed that it broke down quicker and left a mess at the bottom of the tank. But the fish liked it so much that they ate the mess lol. Thank you for all your help and suggestions

I used to make my own. It always made messes. I did double up on gelatin 1 time and it held better but I’m not certain how good actual gelatin is for fish. I tried powder agar agar red algae. Same mess no matter how much I tried. 

Oh and I just use bamboo 2 water- 1 repashy for sticks. 

E4534BF2-AA70-487A-84EB-F1A682746678.png

Edited by Guppysnail

On 4/26/2022 at 12:53 PM, Guppysnail said:

I used to make my own. It always made messes. I did double up on gelatin 1 time and it held better but I’m not certain how good actual gelatin is for fish. I tried powder agar agar red algae. Same mess no matter how much I tried. 

Oh and I just use bamboo 2 water- 1 repashy for sticks. 

E4534BF2-AA70-487A-84EB-F1A682746678.png

Hello loser even better because they’re flat awesome. Yeah I was in a bind and made my own to try to medicate some food. I saw other people were making their own but it definitely doesn’t mean that it’s right. I just need to break down and buy the Repashy

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 7:13 PM, JessLynne7 said:

@Guppysnail

i just realized auto correct made it say hello loser and it should have said hell yes. Omg how embarrassing 

and your right nothing gets in a hungry plecos way hahahha

I figured it was a typo. Auto correct is so UNhelpful 🤗🤣

I use a silicone tray like a candy mold or mini silicone ice tray,   I use an old candy mold that is shaped in a little cube. I make them, And  put the cubes in a  freezer bag in the freezer,  the  candy silicone trays work well & the right size . My  fish gets Christmas every week, the cubes have a Christmas design on it  

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

@Guppysnail LOL!  Yes, my fish is spoiled for sure they need to  be fancy.🤣🤣🤣😂        💡 I could get them a   fish shape  candy mold to go with their Christmas design  LOL !

My Mom owned a  cake and candy shop  and sold candy and cakes, and sold supplies if you wanted to make your own, plus  she made occasion cakes and we did event catering. I worked for her till I married and moved , she has retired and sold the shop  I moved back home near her after my divorce, but we still make candy and have tons of molds lying around, and the cubes' tray were the right size I wanted... so they get a Christmas design as a bonus 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/9/2022 at 11:30 AM, Bev C said:

@Guppysnail LOL!  Yes, my fish is spoiled for sure they need to  be fancy.🤣🤣🤣😂        💡 I could get them a   fish shape  candy mold to go with their Christmas design  LOL !

My Mom owned a  cake and candy shop  and sold candy and cakes, and sold supplies if you wanted to make your own, plus  she made occasion cakes and we did event catering. I worked for her till I married and moved , she has retired and sold the shop  I moved back home near her after my divorce, but we still make candy and have tons of molds lying around, and the cubes' tray were the right size I wanted... so they get a Christmas design as a bonus 

That’s so cool and such a good idea 

• Like 1

@JessLynne7 Thanks JessLynne the candy mold works great, make sure they are  the silicone candy molds not plastic molds The candy molds comes in different shapes and sizes .  Amazon has them, & not expensive. A silicone mini ice cube trays will work to  

• Love 1

On 5/9/2022 at 11:57 AM, Bev C said:

@JessLynne7 Thanks JessLynne the candy mold works great, make sure they are  the silicone candy molds not plastic molds The candy molds comes in different shapes and sizes .  Amazon has them, & not expensive. A silicone mini ice cube trays will work to  

I’m picturing one type for each holiday maybe spring flowers and winter snowmen with sea shell shapes mixed in 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2022 at 12:25 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’m picturing one type for each holiday maybe spring flowers and winter snowmen with sea shell shapes mixed in 😍

@guppysnail and @bev c I think we have spoiled fish 😀😀😀😀😀

On 5/9/2022 at 2:04 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

I use a large silicone ice tray made for making "king cubes" and I then cut the cubes in quarters and feed it. I put them in the freezer and cut them. I mix different Repashy formulations together so that everyone can enjoy. 

I make large squares and cut it into woth small side dipping sauce style Tupperware. Similar to what you do

• Love 1