Aquarium club auction goodies - expensive rare fish

Patrick_G

There were lots of people at the GSAS meeting last night, but I was still surprised to see a male and two female trio of Scarlet badis sell for $85!  

I got beat out on a nice bag of Gary Lang’s least killifish. It's too bad because they would be perfect in my little three gal wabi kusa tank.

I did buy some nice plants. The Ludwigia is from @gjcarew, we’ll see how it does without co2. 

B27F438B-1236-499D-86F3-F3627AE543FF.jpeg

336F95E7-E944-4DF5-8BCB-274DFCDA7790.jpeg

31F67B85-1935-4913-97F5-1D8B7851EB33.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 10
  • Love 2

Beautiful plants   i hate that there is no local fish store or fish club ,,  to me there is a Facebook page for my state but there no personal exchange only people listing stuff for sale or wanting to buy they list by the state counties  but there is not much exchange on info and  members 

Edited by Bev C

On 3/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, PineSong said:

Wow on the badis price! Those plants look great. I’m liking the hygro pinnatifada a lot lately.

I bought a tissue culture a few weeks ago, but this is my first submerged grown pinnatifida. The portion is huge so I'll be trying some in a couple tanks. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:25 PM, Bev C said:

Beautiful plants   i hate that there is no local fish store or fish club ,,  to me there is a Facebook page for my state but there no personal exchange only people listing stuff for sale or wanting to buy they list by the state counties  but there is not much exchange on info and  members 

Do you check Craigslist. I’m not sure where you are here it’s paralysis by analysis there are so many

On 3/9/2022 at 9:01 PM, Bev C said:

@Brandon p thank you  Craigslist  They do not have much listed ,, 

Sorry I meant we have so many LFS ‘s and I’m close to 3 counties that have lots of fish keepers. I check Craigslist just because there is sometimes things on there. I’ve got beta fry, great Angel pairs. , tanks and all kinds equipment. That doesn’t mean it’s on there a lot but I check once a week or so

On 3/9/2022 at 6:25 PM, Bev C said:

Due to FB guidelines, they can't list on FB.

We get around that by asking if anyone wants to assist with raising/sending off to school, etc, Then we arrange to meet at the local McDonald's for lunch, name the price for lunch, and go trade plants and fish. Sometimes, lunch also happens.😂

Our NMAS has a NMAS Leftovers page, where we make lunch plans for various fish, that is separate from our club page that will not allow any exchange information so the club page is not at risk for a potential mistake in phrasing over lunch. Or schools.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone  .. there is not much fish keeping near me  Clubs or stores I travel close to 2 hours to nearest  local fish store  

there is a  big Chain store closer but  their fish was awful and allot of death … their sales person there recommend me to go the fish store that  I go to now ..

The store I go to is awesome worth traveling to  another state ..They  are small and a older shop … They me  taught allot ,,  they work very hard to get and keep healthy and beautiful  fish and Dylan  is the best he knows his fish and plants and gives me good advice   When i go i can spend a hour or two there  only bad thing with them their plant supply is not the best because they are always out of plants allot of the time   they mostly handles the fish …so now i try to buy my plants  from ACO  and two other online sellers  found a awesome  seller on Etsy that has beautiful plants My online fish supplies that I can not get at my LFS I mostly get from ACO and Amazon 

I even told the my state FB aquarium pages about  Aquarium CoOp and this forum  not sure if any one came over and joined or not ,, hope some came over 

Edited by Bev C

I’m hoping the person who bought the Badis can make more! 

On 3/10/2022 at 7:37 PM, eatyourpeas said:

So sorry I missed the event. I just caught up with the presentation, which was simply awesome! That plant lot looks like a great purchase, can't wait to see what you do with all those great plants. 🙂

I’m excited about next month’s big action. It’s much closer to me.