My 29 gallon.

Stephen Zawacki

Hey guys here is the 29 gallon tank I've been talking about its not made up lol.  I've spent a good chunk of change making sure, my 3 Peruvian altume angel babies are great.  Loaded it with plants, my filter is a fluval 207 canister filter with a inline uvc sterilizer, and my light is the aquatop, sky aqua.  I am feeding my babies xtreme community flake along with freez dried brine.  My question is are there any other plants you would reccomend to add or should I let it grow out completely. Thx yall 

20220218_100820.jpg

20220218_100825.jpg

20220218_100835.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I love it! That will grow in nicely if those plants stay happy for you.

The only thing I personally like is a black backing to make everything pop out at you when you look in. I use Elmers foam boards from Walmart. They’re cheap. Over time (years) they warp. But it so cheap to replace, and the matte-black look is nice to me.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 12:21 AM, Stephen Zawacki said:

Thx for all the info.also do you use glue or tape for the black Elmer board ?

I just use black gorilla tape, 3-inch or so pieces on the four back corners. I don’t think I have photos without backing for comparison. My son set up a guppy tank at a school a couple years ago, and talked through the process. Here’s two videos. You can see the backing board in the first video. Then the final set up arrives in the second one…

Edited by Fish Folk

On 2/19/2022 at 1:11 PM, Stephen Zawacki said:

Also I'm trying to find a lily pipe kit for my fluval 207 with a surface skimmer in the Lilly pipe do yall know of one that fits the fluval 207 hoses ? 

They make a spray bar for the 207. It gives ample surface agitation eliminating the need for a skimmer. I have used 07 series both with and without the spray bar. If your outflow is almost at the surface and you see ripples across the surface you do not even need a spray bar or surface skimmer. Give me a few minutes and I will take some video to show you what I mean. I have 6 tanks with 07 series canisters no spray bar no need for a skimmer. 

On 2/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, Stephen Zawacki said:

I used carrib sea, supernaturals sand 

I am doing wc  on my 29 so couldn’t really show that. Setting mine up this way doesn’t create too much flow through the tank only surface agitation so it does not blow more sensitive to current fish around but still provides flow through the tank. I hope this helps. This is the 40. 

5F07D149-F50C-4C07-90A5-F2F75A26E415.jpeg

• Love 1