'Scapes from Scraps

On 2/6/2022 at 7:04 PM, Atitagain said:

I’ve got a bit of a problem, most know about 5 months ago I cut my fishroom from 14 tanks down to 6. Then November 30th I had a major change in my situation and could set back up and got my budget back. So over especially the last 6weeks I’ve been getting everything going and added too. I’m now at 20 tanks and all my extra “stuff” is all used up! 
Also I have MTS like severe MTS how am I gonna just have tanks or containers laying around? 🤣😂🤣😂

kinnda just kidding, I can probably come up with enough equipment and hardscape. It will be containers and stocking that will be difficult. But that’s part of what makes this fun, having to be creative in ways to make it work.😁 

ORD, but awesome you’re diving back in!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 1:42 PM, Odd Duck said:

Really the only solid rule appears to be absolutely NO reveals (hints are allowed) before the date of the “It’s not a contest” on April 1.  And it’s suggested to do as much as possible from what you have on hand.  This is in the spirit of reduce, reuse, recycle at its best, but let your conscious be your guide, because extra points are awarded for remaining in the “Run what ya brung” status but the points don’t matter, soooo . . . . . . . Do whatever you want!  😉 😘 

I can't buy anything until the 3rd of April... I already made my purchase for this quarter.😁

So 100% about what's on hand!

Maybe having had surgery in November will actually work for this🤩 Because I have A  LOT of cleaning up to do🤦‍♂️

16441997299246225859324529275922.jpg

Really the only solid rule appears to be absolutely NO reveals (hints are allowed) before the date of the “It’s not a contest” on April 1.  And it’s suggested to do as much as possible from what you have on hand.  This is in the spirit of reduce, reuse, recycle at its best, but let your conscious be your guide, because extra points are awarded for remaining in the “Run what ya brung” status but the points don’t matter, soooo . . . . . . . Do whatever you want!  😉 😘 

I can't buy anything until the 3rd of April... I already made my purchase for this quarter.😁

Maybe having had surgery in November will actually work for this🤩 Because I have A  LOT of cleaning up to do🤦‍♂️

16441997299246225859324529275922.jpg.49c24193eb84af49e713fc48ee245812.jpg

@Cory, the plants got a little out of control, lol.

This would be why I only claim to **almost** have my tanks balanced. I couldn't trim for a while 😅

Much easier to give more food while recuperating, than do water changes....😳

16441997299246225859324529275922.jpg.49c24193eb84af49e713fc48ee245812.jpg

@Cory, the plants got a little out of control, lol.

This would be why I only claim to **almost** have my tanks balanced. I couldn't trim for a while 😅

Much easier to give more food while recuperating, than do water changes....😳

I like this! I am going to play along, I have a bunch of stuff sitting around, I am sure I can scape a tank without having to buy anything. There was on YouTube a few years ago, a challenge I think Rachel O'Leary started doing a scrap scape, using only stuff you had in your fishroom. I found a playlist on her channel, there was quite a few members of the fish fam took part.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2022 at 3:15 PM, Streetwise said:

You might want to set your submission deadline to April 2nd, so you don’t get people like me trying to be funny for April Fools Day!

I thought that was the whole point of setting the submission day to 4/1: to encourage the whimsically frugal inspiration in nermlandia.

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2022 at 4:19 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

@Andy's Fish DenDo you think she will come after us for copyright infringement? Hehehehe - she and Cory don't get along so I doubt she is lurking on the forum. 

I doubt she is either, and considering that a bunch of other fish fam made videos of it, I don't see how she could, but I'm no lawyer LOL 

• Haha 1