New Year's Goals or Resolutions?

PineSong

Anyone else still optimistic enough to make resolutions for the new year?

Last year I declared 2021 "The Year of Trying New Things". I feel super successful as I had lots of opportunity to try new restaurants, new dishes at old restaurants, a new vacation place, new travel buddy, even new fish (guppies and otocinclus) and some other big "firsts".

I fell short of my goal in books I wanted to read this year, so I am renewing that goal for this year.... and since there are still six hours of 2021 left, I want to set a specific goal there and decide on a concept for 2022 being the "Year of ______________________", but I'm still deciding.

Anyone else? 

Edited by PineSong
  • Like 2

Seems like you all are equally looking forward to changes. Having spent part of the afternoon watching inspirational gardening videos and working on some projects around the house, I've decided my 2022 will be the "Year of Attention to Detail" with a side order of Learning More Tapas Recipes.Hopefully I won't end up gaining 20lbs in the process 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:07 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

I would like to avoid burnout in the hobby this summer and breed at least 3 new species of fish this year. Hopefully kribs, multis if I can get my hands on them, and something else like killis or ricefish. 

Good goals! Love those little multis!

• Like 1

I'm going to focus on being content with what I have.  And to go along with that, I want to actually use the yarn and fabric I have, making things for my family and friends and people in need.  I don't know that it should be considered a goal if it's something I already do to some extent.

• Love 3

On 1/8/2022 at 2:29 AM, lindabee53 said:

I'm going to focus on being content with what I have.  And to go along with that, I want to actually use the yarn and fabric I have, making things for my family and friends and people in need.  I don't know that it should be considered a goal if it's something I already do to some extent.

Great goal. I also have a lot of fabric (and a little yarn) that I really want to use up. Crochet is the best winter activity other than planted tank gardening 🙂 I'm working on a quilt right now that I am not in love with but it's using fabric I had on hand and I am trusting that I will like it better when it's finished. If not, I'll save it for when I have a "guest room" or a grandchild with odd taste in fabric, lol.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 12:06 PM, PineSong said:

Great goal. I also have a lot of fabric (and a little yarn) that I really want to use up. Crochet is the best winter activity other than planted tank gardening 🙂 I'm working on a quilt right now that I am not in love with but it's using fabric I had on hand and I am trusting that I will like it better when it's finished. If not, I'll save it for when I have a "guest room" or a grandchild with odd taste in fabric, lol.

A lot of people have "odd" taste in fabric, so you never know.  And I won't make a quilt I don't like, at least a little bit.  I've been known to box up a project and donate it to Project Linus or someone else / some other group. 

On 1/8/2022 at 4:06 AM, lefty o said:

my goal this year is to learn to play guitar. my hands and wrists are all messed up, so i dont expect miracles, but hope to be able to entertain myself.

Best of luck with this, it should be a great way to rehab those hands. One tip I've heard is to start with a ukulele as they are smaller and lighter so less need to stretch while still teaching the skills for guitar. And can still sound beautiful.