Please help! My Molly is not a Molly

Eve

received_415529530176485.jpeg.905e757845ea8bd5dafee1bf18555d11.jpegHi everyone, I am in desperate need of help. I bought some Molly's to go with my guppies but ended up with a baby rainbow fish in the bag. Can anyone tell me what type it is? I've had a few kinds in the past but they were all very different and they didn't come as babies. 

Edited by Eve
Sorry pics didn't load

On 11/14/2021 at 4:29 AM, Eve said:

Hi everyone, I am in desperate need of help. I bought some Molly's to go with my guppies but ended up with a baby rainbow fish in the bag. Can anyone tell me what type it is? I've had a few kinds in the past but they were all very different and they didn't come as babies. 

Your picture did not come through. 

• Like 1

Thank you guys for helping.  It had actually grown since I got him.  It is barely showing color and so small that it is almost impossible to figure it out.  I have it in a shrimp and schooling fish tank.  Does anyone think this might be a problem? 

On 11/15/2021 at 12:43 PM, Eve said:

Thank you guys for helping.  It had actually grown since I got him.  It is barely showing color and so small that it is almost impossible to figure it out.  I have it in a shrimp and schooling fish tank.  Does anyone think this might be a problem? 

I wouldn't think so, for the time being.  When it gets large enough to know for sure what species it is it would be good to get more, if you have a large enough tank.  If not it would probably be best to find it a new home since they're a shoaling species and do better in groups.

• Thanks 1