Guppy Fry Feeding

StockEwe49

I watch the tummy. Flat means feed.  A well seasoned long running heavily planted tank they survive with no fry food. Just leftovers and microfauna A newer tank could be every few hours. I use easy fry baby brine shrimp, hikari first bites, north fin fry when they are too big for first bites but not big enough for smooshed hikari fancy guppy. I also crush flake to desired particle size by smooshing in my hand a bit then rolling between my fingers or a tiny mortar pestle. I have also used a pepper grinder for granules. 

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 5

I fed my tiny guppy fry Hikari FIrst Bites 3 - 4 times a day when they were new. They were in a well seasoned tank with floating plants so they probably had teeny stuff in there to eat already.

Now they are a coupld of weeks old, I feed them 2-3 times per day but they had two days of getting fed just once due to my traveling, and they did fine. I have added broken up pieces of Extreme Krill flakes to their meals, too.

• Like 1

light to moderate feedings 3 times a day for the first 2 weeks or so. they will eat about anything, as long as it fits in their mouths. easy fry food works, finely crushed flake food, crushed up hikari fancy guppy food. BBS, bug bites etc etc.  as mentioned if you have plants, they will pick microfauna off the plants too. its really hard to mess up feeding baby guppy's, just dont feed so much you poison the tank.

• Like 3

On 10/2/2021 at 9:30 AM, lefty o said:

light to moderate feedings 3 times a day for the first 2 weeks or so. they will eat about anything, as long as it fits in their mouths. easy fry food works, finely crushed flake food, crushed up hikari fancy guppy food. BBS, bug bites etc etc.  as mentioned if you have plants, they will pick microfauna off the plants too. its really hard to mess up feeding baby guppy's, just dont feed so much you poison the tank.

Yeah, as @Guppysnail taught me, fry feeding fouls up water, so don't be scared of water changes!

On 10/2/2021 at 10:53 AM, Guppysnail said:

That it does. Every particle they eat 100 float to the ground. 

Thats where the snails come in!   Hence.... @Guppysnail 😂 

They go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly......like peas and carrots....like anchovies and mayo 😋

Edited by ARMYVET
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Snails + guppy fry food = 

On 10/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, GameCzar said:

Snailmageddon

On 10/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, ARMYVET said:

Thats where the snails come in!   Hence.... @Guppysnail 😂 

They go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly......like peas and carrots....like anchovies and mayo 😋

You forgot Batman & Robin

• Like 1