Can fish explode

Johannes

On 10/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, CalmedByFish said:

Holy Ouch, Batman! Is that an actual opening, or more like a stretch mark?

I’m not sure it looked really raw in person but was entirely gone the next day so I’m assuming stretch or internal tear of some sort. Poor rest of tank went unfed for 5 days because I wanted her slimmed down….(they ate fine tons upon tons of guppy fry and neocaridina babies.)

Ps she didn’t seem to notice

• Like 2

On 10/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, Guppysnail said:

My guppy consumed so many of another’s fry just before she gave birth she had a split in the middle 

3BDF32AB-5E6F-43E0-B2B2-AFDAFD452540.jpeg

I just shared this story with my spouse.

1. It confirms we have endlers, not guppies

2. Reinforces that we will not be getting guppies😳 my spouse said they would cry if they saw a momma fish eating babies.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 12:47 AM, Torrey said:

I just shared this story with my spouse.

1. It confirms we have endlers, not guppies

2. Reinforces that we will not be getting guppies😳 my spouse said they would cry if they saw a momma fish eating babies.

It was hard at first that’s why I ended up with hundreds. It’s still hard to not rescue every baby. My girls average 50-60 per drop every 30 days. I have 18 bearing age femals I loved so much I couldn’t part with in my community tank. 18x50=900/month x 12 months 10,800 x infinity 🤣 yup I accept it now and only occasionally fall victim those huge eyes on the tiny wiggly bodies and start rescuing if there is room in my grow out tanks. Endlers have considerably smaller drops. 🥰