Pea puffers eating Repashy??

JoshStover

On 10/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, ARMYVET said:

vinegar eels....

Let me tell you about vinegar eels…they are for young people with great eyesight. I set mine up waited a month split into two jars waited a month. Used Corys method to extract…could not see if they surfaced. Used macro on phone…no focus…used my trustee mega magnifying glass 🔍👀. Didn’t realize I got so close until I bumped the glass bottle off the counter onto tile floor….scared myself jumped back hit the 2nd bottle with my elbow and it promptly joined it friend on the floor 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 5:19 PM, Guppysnail said:

Let me tell you about vinegar eels…they are for young people with great eyesight. I set mine up waited a month split into two jars waited a month. Used Corys method to extract…could not see if they surfaced. Used macro on phone…no focus…used my trustee mega magnifying glass 🔍👀. Didn’t realize I got so close until I bumped the glass bottle off the counter onto tile floor….scared myself jumped back hit the 2nd bottle with my elbow and it promptly joined it friend on the floor 😭

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

I double up my reading glasses and use a magnifying glass, too!  Or put my phone on max closeup and video them, while, of course using my reading glasses.  I can sort of see a hint of “shimmer” in the solution if the light is juuuusssssst right while wearing my reading glasses.

I don’t ever put something glass that close to an edge.  😆 😂 🤣  Too risky!  😆 I’ll ride my 4 wheeler up a sand dune where I can’t see what the drop off looks like on the other side, or do stupid human tricks on the stand up jet skis, but glass close to the edge?  No way!  🤣 

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 6:39 PM, Odd Duck said:

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

I double up my reading glasses and use a magnifying glass, too!  Or put my phone on max closeup and video them, while, of course using my reading glasses.  I can sort of see a hint of “shimmer” in the solution if the light is juuuusssssst right while wearing my reading glasses.

I don’t ever put something glass that close to an edge.  😆 😂 🤣  Too risky!  😆 I’ll ride my 4 wheeler up a sand dune where I can’t see what the drop off looks like on the other side, or do stupid human tricks on the stand up jet skis, but glass close to the edge?  No way!  🤣 

I now agree 🤣 was trying to shine a light behind it. EPIC FAIL 🤣

• Haha 2

Sorry for the delay. My family threw me a surprise belated birthday party today. I got the gentleman’s phone number and spoke with him earlier. He says he can get about 50% of his pea puffers to take to the Repashy. His method is he uses Grub Pie, when mixing it he adds Vita Chem and some Garlic guard, lets it set up then puts its through a garlic press. I think it’s worth giving it a shot. All mine are eating live foods, frozen blood worms and a few are starting to take Vibra Bites but I’d love to be able to offer a little more variety. I already have everything needed so I’ll try it for sure and keep y’all posted. If you decide to try it I’d love to hear your results!!

• Like 4

On 10/2/2021 at 7:32 PM, JoshStover said:

Sorry for the delay. My family threw me a surprise belated birthday party today. I got the gentleman’s phone number and spoke with him earlier. He says he can get about 50% of his pea puffers to take to the Repashy. His method is he uses Grub Pie, when mixing it he adds Vita Chem and some Garlic guard, lets it set up then puts its through a garlic press. I think it’s worth giving it a shot. All mine are eating live foods, frozen blood worms and a few are starting to take Vibra Bites but I’d love to be able to offer a little more variety. I already have everything needed so I’ll try it for sure and keep y’all posted. If you decide to try it I’d love to hear your results!!

Wow ….we have had such amazing conversation here today I completely forgot what the original topic was…😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 4:04 PM, Odd Duck said:

Same!  No gloves or mittens, and no scarf either, those were for the rich kids.

I don’t know how old he is, but I’m betting I’m not far behind him.

ORD 🤣🤣🤣

On 10/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, ARMYVET said:

Nobody's older than @Dean’s Fishroom....when God said let there be fish....Dean went and bred them. 

🤭🤣🤣🤣

On 10/2/2021 at 6:32 PM, JoshStover said:

Happy belated Birthday!  

Great information!  I’ll be trying it, too, maybe without garlic to start.  I’ll be sure to try it on the puffer fry as they get a little bigger.  Be careful with garlic, it really hasn’t been studied long term and too much garlic is known to cause potential issues in some species.

Edit to add:  Sorry @JoshStover, we totally hijacked your thread.  Apparently we were all waiting on pins and needles while waiting for your report, 008, and we got talking and cracking jokes.  My bad!

Edited by Odd Duck
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2021 at 5:32 PM, JoshStover said:

🎉Happy🎊Happy🎉Birthday🎊

Like good birthday guests, we entertained ourselves while your family had your attention 🤭

Sorry for hijacking your thread, and thank you for following up with such great information, on YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

• Like 2