Betta introduce myself~

Hello there! 

I'm Elspeth, but friends call me Elf; feel free! I'm a local customer to ye olde coop, and I'm not sure what took me so long to join the forum..?

I was the fish lady at the Redmond Petco, some years back, and I heckin love bettas! I currently have 4, and am running a total of 7 tanks, all 10 gallons or less.

I also have a chihuahua, a bunch of reptiles, a dozen or so tarantulas, and many plants. I'm including a pic of some baby cacti I started from seeds that I collected from my late cactus, Fluffy, who lived into their 20s.

(Yes, Scarlett, the betta, is way too full in that photo; she stole food from her loaches.)

20210501_093817.jpg

20210430_082857.jpg

20210422_094616.jpg

20210430_081044.jpg

20210328_175903.jpg

20210328_180031.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 1

On 5/1/2021 at 3:39 PM, Colu said:

Welcome to the forum nice tank

Thankies! Perpetually a work in progress, and I'm really pleased with its progress.

21 hours ago, Isaac M said:

Welcome to the forum! The baby cacti is too cool and I am jealous that you are a local customer! Haha

Aw, thank you! Once they're much older, I'll be looking for homes for some of them -- I didn't expect this many to germinate, let alone grow and thrive.

It's kinda cool, 'cause I first heard of them by word-of-mouth, and was like "i should visit some time" and then I saw their videos and went "ok, now I *have to* go there" and it's been planted tank bliss ever since!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2021 at 6:58 PM, FlyingGuppies said:

Hi Elf! I love your planted tank! What are those guys there in the second picture?! Some type of snail? Are those eggs on the glass? So cool 

Yeah! It's a ramshorn snail, likely eating some bladder snail eggs.