23 hours ago, FlyingFishKeeper said:

Probably "Your fish is (likely) FINE, no that roundness on his stomach from eating isn't dropsy. That's not fin rot either!" lol. When I started out I freaked out over pretty much my fish did apart from eat lol. (Yes, I was worried he wasn't swimming properly when he was fine lol) 

I resemble that advice.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Celly Rasbora said:

Can you imagine having to be told coal gas is poison to fish? 🤪

You wonder what the people/artificial intelligences of the future will think about what we are doing now.

I like the last three in the list:

image.png.4901b5aa2257c2d1df8b0285690871b8.png

• Like 3

This hobby has so many things that are “worthy of attention”!

I finally listened to Randy’s podcast interview with Daniel, and he mentioned how live-food tanks and tubs represent a whole slice of the hobby.

I am thinking of using one of my utility buckets to learn how to culture green water.

Edited by Streetwise
  • Like 4

This is a top-notch thread! It's good to see myself in the replies. 😄

Cory taught me the importance of patience. It is a theme that winds through much of his content. It's a good thing to strive for, but not easy to reach, this Nirvana. Still, I'm glad to be studying the Tao of Cory.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tanked said:

When it comes to  keeping fish, I still feel very alone.  I had not thought about it until now, but I would tell my younger self "nobody will want to hear about your fish.  A typical conversation today goes something like this:

Me:  Can I have that broken smart tv?

Friend: what for?

Me:  I'm building a LED light fixture...

Friend:  Cool! How?

Me:  ...for my aquarium

Friend:  Did I mention my brilliant grandkid's latest feat of skill...

If it wasn't for all of our other shared interests, I would have to trade them all in.😏

@Tanked look if you need fishy friends hit my inbox anytime no one in this hobby should feel alone. Though I know exactly what you mean it took me till 2 years ago to make fish friends and believe it or not it's cuz I was selling an extra Python water change system and me and dude got to talking for a bit he is now my best friend and when I officially get married next year he is set to be my best man. So don't give up on making fish friends. In the words of my favorite pixar movie "you got a friend in me" and I mean that hmu anytime would love to hear all about you making lights from a tv and stuff that sounds wicked

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I like the last three in the list:

image.png.4901b5aa2257c2d1df8b0285690871b8.png

I followed my Tao comment into a google search and found this most excellent article. Your selection is most definitely from the teachings of Daoism. I especially loved from my link, "If you don't know what to do, do nothing." Probably not wise to ignore sick fish, but I do wonder how many weren't sick to begin with? But this list is definitely from the first teaching:

SIMPLICITY, PATIENCE, COMPASSION.

https://www.goodnet.org/articles/these-4-teachings-daoism-will-help-you-navigate-life

edited to add: I'm not discussing religion, more like philosophy. (If anyone might misinterpret.)

Edited by Celly Rasbora