Seized

Tannins are such a great part of aquariums in my opinion. Its almost like having aquarium salt in your tank but a more passive approach to fish meds. Tannins have anitfungal and antibacterial properties and not to mention if you use rooibos tea in your tanks you can get lots of antioxidants for your fish. The only downside is if your not doing blackwater tanks it may be annoying to have a orangey yellow hue to your water but if you are careful with how much you add its just fine. Another alternative is using API melafix. Everyone has there opinions about if melafix is useful or not. But i tend to think it has great benefits to tanks regardless. Let me know what your thoughts are on this topic and please let me know if i missed anything.

• Like 1

I love the concept and can't stand the look. I know I should cultivate an appreciation, but I SOOO want bright bright greens and sparkling clear water. My driftwood is beautiful but the water still looks like iced tea. It is getting better. Very slowly. I am not a patient person, lol. 

I tried the extracts and they just didn't cut it for me. Eventually I put in a reverse osmosis system and that gave me the low tds water I was looking for. When I was attempting to breed Heckel Discus I maintained a steady pH of 4.5 by dosing 18 M phosphoric acid with a Black Stone 7916 controlled by a pH probe

20200910_5532.JPG.fcfb26a604af8b2bb4c5812ec1d519ac.JPG\

This worked like a charm.

• Like 1