The Youtube join URL doesn't do anything!

Ayman Roshdy

Hello-

I am trying to check the Youtube membership option using the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJuJfXCKNWu4-VifYixs8A/join

But on clicking on it nothing happens, it only opens the main Youtube channel page, am I doing something wrong here or is the membership available only in the US?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Ayman Roshdy said:

Hello-

I am trying to check the Youtube membership option using the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJuJfXCKNWu4-VifYixs8A/join

But on clicking on it nothing happens, it only opens the main Youtube channel page, am I doing something wrong here or is the membership available only in the US?

Thanks

Nope, I live in Scotland and joined last month no problem, the link you posted also sends me to the membership tab on the youtube channel so its working for me. Its odd its sending you back to the homepage tho

7 hours ago, JamesB said:

You have to wait for it to load.

Mine went to the co-op channel as well, but upon waiting appeard this:

image.png.ae4b86a20fd09e8ca67c4a0a36fa3b76.png

Nope, it doesn't load anything on my side other than the main channel page, I tried it on the mobile and it gives an error that this content is not available for subscription, I believe my country is not included for membership :classic_sad:

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Ayman Roshdy said:

@CoryAny chance that you enable Youtube membership for my country?

Unfortunately I don't have any control, it would be when Youtube allows it. I see in this link that Egypt is available for memberships. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6307365?hl=en#zippy=%2Cpremium-memberships-available-locations

What device and browser are you using trying to join? In theory you should be able to.

31 minutes ago, Cory said:

Unfortunately I don't have any control, it would be when Youtube allows it. I see in this link that Egypt is available for memberships. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6307365?hl=en#zippy=%2Cpremium-memberships-available-locations

What device and browser are you using trying to join? In theory you should be able to.

The mentioned support article lists the countries that have the Youtube premium subscription option where you pay Google a monthly fee so that you remove the ads and some other features, I think this is not related to the join option, I searched a bit over Google and a lot of people are complaining about a similar issue from several countries and the only reason is that the join feature is still not yet enabled in all the countries !

Thanks for your time, probably I will keep checking every couple of months or something perhaps it gets enabled soon 😒

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 7.41.11 PM.png

12 hours ago, Eddie Dingle said:

@Ayman Roshdy welcome to the forum and it's very cool knowing the world wide reach aquarium co-op has. I'd love to learn what fish and aquarium set ups are popular in Egypt. 

@Eddie Dingle Hello, I am looking forward to be a very active member of this community and I really like Cory's videos on Youtube, actually I started to be addicted and now I am watching all the old videos (or most of them) as well 😂

There is a huge community in Egypt of fish hobbyists but unfortunately there are no professional shops like what you have in the US or Europe, this was the main reason that I started following a few western channels like Aquarium Co-Op and Green Aqua, our main problem in Egypt is in importing fish food, tanks devices/gadgets ... etc. most of what we have in Egypt is imported from China and a good portion of it is of low quality, and when you find a branded item it will probably require a lot of money to purchase, well this is the negative part but there is also a very positive part related to the hobbyists themselves, we have a lot of people who breed a lot of fish and grow a lot of plants and usually you can purchase what you need from a fellow hobbyist, and HYG some more info regarding this part:

1. There are a lot of Egyptian Youtube channels, I myself maintain a website www.egypt-aquarium.com where I put links for most of the Arabic videos on a daily basis
  2. There are a lot of Whatsapp and Telegram groups where people can connect directly with each other
  3. And of course most of the people have Facebook pages or groups where they can connect as well
  4. And the fish/plants are relatively cheap compared to the US, HYG some prices:
    1. A couple of livebearers starting from 0.5 USD
    2. African Cichlids starting from 6 USD each
    3. Tetras in the range of 3 - 5 USD each
    4. Gold fish would be in the range of 1 - 2 USD
    5. Angels probably in the same range as gold fish
    6. The most expensive plants would be in the range of 10 - 15 USD

So as you can see our prices are probably much less than the US, but you have much better options related to the tanks, air pumps and filters, as well as better quality food and the different chemicals used in the water

Edited by Ayman Roshdy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...