What must I look for to clear this 👻 look

I am setting up an aquarium whis has been cycling for 3 weeks now added plants last week and spider wood this weekend I boiled the wood for 2 hours and after 2 days it has this "jelly" ghostly grey haze all around the wood. It gives the tank a 👻 look

Not sure how to link image

My guess is that it looks like this:

IMG_0126.jpeg.ffd305d449a874d26ba3f7b154

This is very common after the introduction of new wood to an aquarium.

The good news is that it is harmless and will disappear on its on. Apparently shrimp feast on it, but I didn't see you mention any shrimp in your aquarium.

It is easy post images, here is a a good tutorial from @Lizzie Block that will have you posting images in no time:

• Like 2

pretty normal. its a fungus that blooms as the sugars leach out of the wood. as mentioned above, it will clear up. can take a week or two to maybe 6 weeks depending on how thick/big of a piece of wood it is. some shrimp, and plecos like to eat it also.

It's biofilm, made up of bacteria that cause a build up of protein waste around them in a fine film, and yes my shrimp and otocinclus were crazy about the little bit of it I had in my tank at start up after having pre-soaked the wood for several months. It will go away with time, or your can remove it with a brush if it disturbs you while you do a water change, but it will likely return and eventually disappear over time. It's not harmful just maybe not aesthetically pleasing to the eye.