Getting back into the hobby after many many many years.  While doing some research found the Aquarium Coop and the plethora of information Cory has to offer.  There has been a  lot of changes on the hobby and I am loving all the new things.  I had my first tank as a kid and as a teenager I moved into a 50 gal.  Even worked for Dolphin Pets in Redmond for a while... Are they even around anymore?  Anyhow I am super happy to find this forum because in my vicinity we have no access to a LFS just a Petco and a PetSmart, and sometimes you just need a lot more help than they can offer.  Thanks again for the forum!!  

PS I already placed two orders and the stickers were a super fun surprise!!  

• Like 2

I remember dolphin pets! They sold me a very sickly and sad Glass Knifefish. Way back then I asked Cory if he would stock them ever. At one point I think he did get a shipment of them in, but I was already out of the hobby and into the profession by then.

I digress, welcome aboard! Hope we can answer any questions you may have! 

19 minutes ago, Biotope Biologist said:

I remember dolphin pets! They sold me a very sickly and sad Glass Knifefish. Way back then I asked Cory if he would stock them ever. At one point I think he did get a shipment of them in, but I was already out of the hobby and into the profession by then.

I digress, welcome aboard! Hope we can answer any questions you may have! 

Yes I have no doubt..I learned they had shady practices. I never did get my last paycheck...oh well that was late 80's.  I didn't work that side of the store I worked with the birds puppies and kittens. Every now and then they would get a mis shipment of illegal items and there was a very prominent Seattle newscaster who would take those shipments for his own collection..

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 5:19 AM, Fishdude said:

Welcome! What are you planning now that you're back into the hobby?

I'm slowly setting up a 29 gallon freshwater tank.  I ended up with my daughters albino Cory Dora pair.  They will be first into the tank.  I'm not sure what direction to go at the moment.  I'm going to take my time and enjoy working on the set up.  Thank you so much for asking. What do you have set up?

I started with a 29g back in 2018 and now have 7 tanks running (although I gave away the 29). I've got a mishmash of community fish, some I bought and some I inherited from family and friends. I breed peppered cories for fun. And I'm working on setting up a fishroom in my new house!

• Like 1