What Kind of Corydora??

FrozenFins

Hey all,

one of the first fish I owned was a corydora, I loved him so much. He later died when my aquarium bursted. Unfortanlety i didn't know they liked  to have friends. 

Fast Forward a few years.

And here I am now with a 40 Gallon Community Aquarium, I NEED corydora in this tank. Only question is which kind?

I really like the, sterbai or the bronze. But I really don't know what I want, any suggestions? 

Edited by James Black

so many choices, you have to go with whatever coloration you like best. orange lazers are really neat, and i really like panda's too. bronze cory's seem to be industry staples, and imo also seem to be the hardiest. i have a pair or bronzes that are 14 or 15 years old, not sure what they are made of, because they just dont die no matter what happens in the tank.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nataku said:

Some more info about your tank can help us guide you to some options that would fit best. What temperature do you keep your tank at? What other inhabitants do you have in this tank or plan to put in this tank? 

I have 

angelfish

cardinal tetras

female swordtail

honey gourami

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 9:36 PM, James Black said:

Hey all,

one of the first fish I owned was a corydora, I loved him so much. He later died when my aquarium bursted. Unfortanlety i didn't know they liked  to have friends. 

Fast Forward a few years.

And here I am now with a 40 Gallon Community Aquarium, I NEED corydora in this tank. Only question is which kind?

I really like the, sterbai or the bronze. But I really don't know what I want, any suggestions? 

If you subscribe to ACO's email newsletter, they literally just did an article on Corydoras, and which ones are best for different situations. I'd suggest to sign up for that. 

You can also find the info on the "blog" link on their site. 

• Like 1