Hello from Hawaii

Hello everyone.  My name is Jesse, and I'm from the Island of Oahu.  I've been keeping fish all my live, but only got really serious in the last 3 years.  Last time I counted, I was up to 90 tanks and 50 pond tubs for a total of 140 running systems.  All of which is outdoors in both my backyard and garage.  My wife and I are currently breeding 28 strains of guppies, but I'm also working on other species like dwarf cichlids, bettas, pseudomugils, killifish, and ricefish.  Breeding fish has taken over my life, and I bet the same goes for a lot of you here.  

Backyard Tubs.jpg

• Like 6

Looks like paradise! What are those pipes running next to the tubs? You know you have a lot fish when you begin to lose count of the number of systems you are running ☺️

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

Looks like paradise! What are those pipes running next to the tubs? You know you have a lot fish when you begin to lose count of the number of systems you are running ☺️

Just a make shift water drain for water changes and our utility sink.   One day if I'm not lazy I'll move it against the wall.  

1 hour ago, Cory said:

Definitely a dream to do ponds outside year round. I'll have to settle for inside ponds. All the extra plants makes it look so nice though. 

Before I joined the fish community online, I really didn't realize the extra challenges fish keep had up there in the mainland.  It feels like we're cheating.