Repashy

Jeff

I'm thinking about ordering some Repashy, and trying it.

What kind of containers do y'all use to put it in, after you make it? Do you just buy ice cube trays?

you can make it in about anything you want. i mix it and leave the excess in like the cheap little 3x3x5 food containers, and pour it into the silicone mini ice cube trays. honestly you can  put it in just about anything.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 8:37 PM, Jeff said:

Sounds good. I was just curious if there was a common denominator for most that is the easiest to use.

there is, for the most part its find something you have sitting in a drawer, and use that.

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2024 at 7:38 PM, lefty o said:

for the most part its find something you have sitting in a drawer, and use that.

Such a true statement, lol. I’ve only mixed up Repashy like twice, but I definitely found an old Tupperware and used it for that as I didn’t want to store anything in it after using it to mix some up.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 8:41 PM, lefty o said:

you can make it in about anything you want. i mix it and leave the excess in like the cheap little 3x3x5 food containers, and pour it into the silicone mini ice cube trays. honestly you can  put it in just about anything.

Do you have a link for the flexible ice trays that you use? Looking at ones on Amazon; and of course they all have their flaws...ha  

I don't want flaky plastic getting in the food like some end up having, or other issues like that. 

Wondering if you really like the ones you use?

Edited by Jeff

On 3/13/2024 at 7:48 PM, Jeff said:

I'm thinking about ordering some Repashy, and trying it.

What kind of containers do y'all use to put it in, after you make it? Do you just buy ice cube trays?

I make mine in cheap, square, plastic food containers. When it's cool and hardened I pop it out and cut it into cubes. Easy, peasy.

I've also made it in jelly jars and just scooped some out at feeding time.

Really you can make it anything you want -- an old shoe, empty coffee can, ashtray, upside down bowler hat -- really anything the Repashy can cool and setup in works.

On 3/13/2024 at 9:06 PM, FLFishChik said:

I just use a small Rubbermaid sandwich container and cut it into little squares. I make enough to last about a week

This is my exact method too!

My sandwich container cracked.. so this is the new “Repashy Container “ 😂

IMG_2068.jpegThis is how I spend my Friday nights… making Repashy and staring at my fish. My fish and C.A.R.E. Forums are my social life 

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 8:09 PM, Little Guys said:

How long does it last and how often do you feed?

It lasts about a week I feed 4-5 times a week (fresh veggies when not feeding Repashy) One cube for the 3 juvenile albino Cory in a 10g tank, Four cubes for the 3 adult Albino Cory, 1 juvenile Bristlenose Pleco and 4 oto’s in the 29g and then 2 cubes for the 12 juvenile Peppered Cory in the 75g. The other fish in the tanks get fed a variety of foods like flakes, pellets, blood worms, frozen brine and baby brine shrimp and frozen mysis shrimp… so the bottom feeders get quite the variety 

You can see in the pic approximately how big the  cubes are

IMG_2078.jpeg

Edited by FLFishChik

On 3/29/2024 at 7:09 PM, Little Guys said:

How long does it last and how often do you feed?

if you make a larger quantity than you can use in a week or so, it can also be frozen.

• Like 1

@Ken Burke Me too! I don't have many fish I'm feeding right now so to keep things about the right 'dose' (for lack of a better term) I went with the smallest candy molds I could find at Michael's Crafts...little stars. They work great, are super easy to clean, etc. I've been adding a little extra water to my repashy as I mix it up and I've had an easier time demolding as a result, though the reason I'm adding more water is not for demolding but to keep it liquid long enough for my not-very-coordinated hands to get it poured into the mold lol. I freeze mine (because again, not a ton of fish, so it takes me a while to get through even the smallest batch) and the molds are extra useful for that compared to just cutting in to squares....way easier to separate in my opinion. 

I did make a mistake the first time I made repashy and, because I'm using it to feed my otocinclus and they like grazing off rocks, painted some on some lava rock. No. I can now say for certain -- it will not set on the porous surface of lava rock. Came sloughing off in the tank within a day and was a bit of a mess to clean out. I haven't tried a smoother river stone or similar yet (because the stars are working so well tbh) but I've definitely heard it can be painted on rocks so, I assume that's what more experienced minds are using. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 9:12 PM, Ken Burke said:

I think it was @Guppysnail that used to dip sticks into Repashy, then serve them like a giant lollipop 

When I was raising Bristlenose pleco babie I used a flat bamboo skewer and dipped it  this allow the maximum number of babies to all eat at once.   

B943938A-C5EB-41FA-AD24-3049EAFAC0CF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1