You might be a fish nerd

24 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

If your Latin is better than your English, you might be a fish nerd.

For sure! One our biggest misconceptions in fishkeeping is 'Post hoc ergo propter hoc' ☺️.

Edited by Daniel
Bill was right, English isn't one my good languages

45 minutes ago, Cory said:

If when looking at moving, even your spouse is asking where the fish room will go 😛

I've been looking for something near Marysville and everything I liked had a big separate garage or workshop. The wife every time "how many tanks would fit in that?" 

She's a keeper lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Edward Steven said:

This happens to me quite a bit and it always makes me chuckle. I just had another one and figured I'd share.

"If your friends just randomly leave buckets of driftwood or rocks on your porch.... you might be a fish nerd."

20200724_163221.jpg.fc1a59a870986f98984643ed91dffd28.jpg

My wife will see me eyeballing a piece of wood on a hike and yells "NO!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe not so much being a 'fish nerd', but you might have a 'fish problem' when you have the following conversation with your 6 year old child (whose daily morning job is to help you change the water on 300 betta jars).

Son (bursting into tears), "Dad, I wish I had two broken legs!

Me, "Oh no! Why?"

Son, "So I didn't have to change the bettas jars every morning!"

He's 26 years old now, and we both laugh about it. And I think he has even forgiven me for the time we forgot his birthday because we were at the 2001 International Betta Congress convention in New Orleans and stopped on the way home for an impromptu birthday meal at a sketchy Mexican restaurant in southern Alabama where he got food poisoning and threw up for the rest of drive back to North Carolina.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Maybe not so much being a 'fish nerd', but you might have a 'fish problem' when you have the following conversation with your 6 year old child (whose daily morning job is to help you change the water on 300 betta jars).

Me, "Oh no! Why?"

He's 26 years old now, and we both laugh about it. And I think he has even forgiven me for the time we forgot his birthday because we were at the 2001 International Betta Congress convention in New Orleans and stopped on the way home for an impromptu birthday meal at a sketchy Mexican restaurant in southern Alabama where he got food poisoning and threw up for the rest of drive back to North Carolina.

You win.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Me, "Oh no! Why?"

He's 26 years old now, and we both laugh about it. And I think he has even forgiven me for breaking his legs.

Meanwhile in another universe...