What on earth..... (guessing game)

nabokovfan87

For those who do know what this is because you happen to have seen the video, please don't spoil it for others!

I was watching one of the older vids on the channel and Cory and Dean had opened up the FX filter to clean it.  This was inside.  What do you think it is?!?!

I definitely didn't realize what it was at first, but I could only imagine the look I would have opening the thing up and seeing this!

a.png

• Haha 1

A quote from 1902:

"It may often be seen darting across floors with very great speed, occasionally stopping suddenly and remaining absolutely motionless, presently to resume its rapid movements, often darting directly at inmates of the house, particularly women, evidently with a desire to conceal itself beneath their dresses, and thus creating much consternation."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2023 at 2:37 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

For those who do know what this is because you happen to have seen the video, please don't spoil it for others!

I was watching one of the older vids on the channel and Cory and Dean had opened up the FX filter to clean it.  This was inside.  What do you think it is?!?!

I definitely didn't realize what it was at first, but I could only imagine the look I would have opening the thing up and seeing this!

a.png

its a newly discovered species of Horned Freshwater sea stars. (Jokem nonexisti). They are a freshwater starfish that is native to the Dead Sea, and doesnt quite keep the symmetry of its saltwater cousins. They have many predators including Megaladon and Spinosaurus, but protect themselves with a spiny calcium covering.

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2023 at 1:19 PM, TOtrees said:

Are we allowed to post our own aliens? 

image.png.f369f884d726edc6b9a86788a8b6b509.png

This is a “house centipede”. 

The body is around 1.5” long, though it appears larger due to the many long legs to the fore, aft and sides. It’s a bit puffy or bloated from being in the tank. 

@KittenFishMom is close with the taxonomic Order, but it’s chilopoda not diplopoda. @BlueLineAquaticsSC silverfish and their relatives fire brats are true insects, which cents and mils are not. Silverfish are also smaller, and have a fuzzy-appearing coating of fine scales like butterflies. 

House centipedes appear to float or skim over the floor due to their speed. They’re one of the critters that my brain says not to be afraid of but my gut disagrees. My brain usually wins the day, fortunately. 

• Like 1