Python Storage?

EVoyager31

This may seem like an odd question but in my current living situation space is limited and I am having a hard time finding a way to store my 50ft python water changer without getting a bunch of bends and kinks. 

Usually if I run warm water through it, I can wrap it up nice and neat but the water has to be pretty warm and none of my tanks require anything outside of cold or room temp. I also heard that running hot water through it is not good.

How do you guys store it? How do you keep it wrapped up without it getting all bent up?

The tubing is tick enough and good quality, I've never had an issue just unbending it. I store it without a lid, I've also heard of people hanging them on their shower curtain rod to dry out @Irene mentioned this in one of her vids. I don't use my Python to siphon out dirty water (use the other blue gravel vac in there), so I don't really worry about any smells.

pythonstorage.jpg

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 12:07 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

I wind mine up with straps and bought a hook to hang it against the wall. IMG_3481.jpeg.6c1e1758a4a6c60788482c026509e00d.jpeg

thats a very nice way to go with one. i wind mine up about the same, but no straps, and stuff it on a shelf in my laundry room. the cheap little hook thing is a great idea.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 11:15 AM, Guppysnail said:

These work wonderfully for python hoses. My friend uses it an loves it. 

C4A924E8-5F2A-4B12-9A2C-CA39DA3B8B12.png
I use these to hang hoses. 

C2402935-7389-4678-87AE-533CD83CC389.png

GuppySnail, you are always so helpful.  I joined the forum this past April, and you jumped right in and welcomed me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always start rolling mine up and unrolling it from the same end to limit mismatching my twists in the tubing when I wrap it back up. If I mess up and it starts to get twisted I'll lay the rest of the tubing out and rotate the rest of the tubing in whichever way it needs to go to not make the roll twist. 
Then after that is done it has a shelf in my entry way that it lives on. 

• 1 month later...