C.A.R.E. Forum Anniversary Celebration

Guppysnail

July 14th marks the third anniversary of this fabulous forum. Previous years members organized fun no prize competitions to celebrate our members. 
This year @Streetwise had a fabulous idea to celebrate all our members in a non competitive way. 

Post here in this thread a photo containing yourself, your non fish pet and your tank. 

Those members that have no non fish pets or ones that can’t be captured in a photo with themselves and their tank can post them in extra photos or substitute a piece of equipment etc in the photo from your other major hobby. 

We realize some folks will be uncomfortable posting photos of themselves for privacy reasons. If this is you then still post photos just leave yourself out or wear a fun mask or costume. 

Make it fun. Take photos that tell us about YOU our fabulous forum member. Learning about each other beyond the fish hobby helps folks connect on more levels and enhances our already friendly forum experiences. 

BE CREATIVE and HAVE FUN 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Well I'll be the first to throw of a picture of my bad self 😁. I don't really have any not fishy or snail pets. But something most of you may not know about me is I am also a paranormal investigator. Didn't really feel like digging out my investigation gear but the hat I'm wearing if for a podcast of a local crew I like to listen to. It's called they cryptic paranormal show. 

You can see some of my videos I have taken and different locations and investigations I have been on. Places like Mansfield reformatory, bobby Mackey's music world, Hinsdale house and wildwood sanatorium to name a few. Trying to make a trip to Waverly hills sanatorium at the end of the month. Just look up Thomas Utt on YouTube if you would like to see some of what I do. All the videos I post are uncut raw footage. No trickery here.

IMG_20230705_133904367_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230705_134303639_HDR.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

On 7/5/2023 at 1:58 PM, Guppysnail said:

@TeeJay I’ve seen your videos and had the heebie jeebies for a week!

Yes I only like to put straight uncut videos on there. It's mostly so my team mates can view what I have taken to see if they see anything in them I may miss. We are out for real evidence not like so many tv shows. It can get pretty scary sometimes but we don't do stupid things like provoke and such. We are there for the history and to get real evidence.

• Like 5

On 7/5/2023 at 2:20 PM, Guppysnail said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea I see you in there scuba diving with your fish 😍

The current is not bad, there is good viz, and I didn't even need the wetsuit - the water is a pleasant 77 degrees.  Although I did scare all the fish and they are hiding behind the plants!  I will check for sneggs on my way out.

• Haha 4

On 7/5/2023 at 2:30 PM, TeeJay said:

Where do you get your shrinking power at I wanna go diving in my tanks too!!!

Ah yea, easy. You just do like a barrel roll in this stuff and it shrinks you, then you can climb out of it and get in your tank.  If you have a friend nearby they can hold the roll and you just spin round & round. Be sure to leave a pothos vine so you can climb up and into the tank.  And you don't need a scuba tank, you can just use the airline tubing when you need some air.

image.png.eda5f59729b033c9fe902c0b50f3813f.png

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Haha 6

On 7/5/2023 at 3:30 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

That's cool @TeeJay!  But what if the ghosts follow you home!

It happened once when I went to Indiana state sanitarium last summer for a 2 day investigation. The first two nights after I came back I woke up in the 3am hour feeling like something ore someone was laying behind me in bed. Not a fin feeling.

I saged and kept telling it has to go back to where it came from. The next day the creepy vibes and feelings were gone.

Some many people feel it's silly or not real. Just because you can't see it does not mean something isn't there. That's why I tell people not no mess around and provoke and do stupid things because you are never 💯 sure what you can be communicating with. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The old puppers and some of the cats. I definitely miss them!

IMG_20160612_155709.jpg

IMAG3825.jpg

IMAG0714.jpg

My tanks. Bonus points if you can see Grace. I'll call this the "current iteration" of the setup as it's still under construction and there's stuff everywhere! It is a bit more space than I had earlier, thankfully.

20230706_115802.JPG

20230706_115901.JPG

Edited by nabokovfan87
Added Photo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

On 7/6/2023 at 5:52 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Did you sleep in the sanitarium?

You could chose to sleep inside of one of the 3 buildings if you wanted to. But they had a bunkhouse on side that we stayed in. Three is no electricity or running water in the sanatorium buildings. We would investigate until 5-6am. Then sleep til early afternoon and repeat.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2023 at 3:15 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Ok, we will wait. ☺️

Better now? 😂

On 7/6/2023 at 11:03 AM, TeeJay said:

You could chose to sleep inside of one of the 3 buildings if you wanted to. But they had a bunkhouse on side that we stayed in. Three is no electricity or running water in the sanatorium buildings. We would investigate until 5-6am. Then sleep til early afternoon and repeat.

And none of this ever came up when you were having coffee with TeeJay (and friends!)? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not today’s pic but a fairly recent pic of me with my aggressively cuddly cat, DK.  No new tank pic because I don’t feel like getting up, lights are currently off, and y’all have seen most of my interesting tanks anyway.

And y’all children talking about getting old.  😝  Talk to me again after you’ve hit 60+ and tell me how your joints feel.  I was back visiting family and most of what we talked about was how noisy we were all getting to be when we stand up or sit down.  Grunts and groans either way.  😂 🤣  It was a regular chorus!  😆 👵🏻  Where’s my cane?  😂  And get off of my lawn!

IMG_4784.jpeg

Edited by Odd Duck
  • Like 4
  • Love 8