Detailed Notes Please!

nabokovfan87

Hey everyone,

I am always wondering what the people I'm talking with on here have in their rooms as far as their tanks go.  I'd like to get an idea of what everyone is working with, what's going on in your tanks (stocking, plants, tank sizes, etc).

Please feel free to share what you wish!

For me:

-75G sitting in the hallway, will soon be setup

Currently running:

29g#1: Black Corydoras, Otocinclus, Amano Shrimp, Black Swordtails (males), Clown Pleco in hiding. The tank has ghost wood, seiryu stone, Taiwan moss, hyrgophilia pinnatifida, Staurogyne Repens, Scarlet Temple, and some assorted anubias (a lot of nana petite)

29g#2: Panda Corydoras, Red-Tailed Black Shark, Black Swordtails (females), Clown pleco in hiding. The tank has El Nino Fern, assorted Anubias varieties, Taiwan moss. Mopani wood, Malaysian driftwood stump, and red lava rock

10G QT tank: Riddick the Black Corydoras and some moss

• Like 1

• 20high,
  1. plants:crypt tropica,amazon sword,various anubias sp. ,Brazilian Pennywort, dwarf aquarium lily, java fern, java fern windelov, java moss.
  2. stocking:Way too many platies, way too many mini ramshorn snails, Garra Guy the panda garra, John the betta, Algaecide the nerite snail, 6adult corydora aeneus, 7/8albino fry
  • 2gallon project tank
  1. Plants: hair algae i pulled out of my main tank, ive been dosing this tank with salt so i moved out all the plants i like
  2. fish: currently has 4-5 1-2month old platies (adorable) and one female that im treating.
  • 5gallon project tank
  1. plants: moss
  2. stocking: currently has 3 female platies. 2 are pregnant from my current platy breeding project, the other is being taken out before she becomes pregnant, so i can use her in a future project.
  • Peanut Butter Preztel Jar 1.
  1. plants: none
  2. stocking: various worms,algaes, copepods, and infusorians
  • Peanut Butter Pretzel Jar 2.
  1. plants:various mosses and other plants
  2. stocking: none to my knowledge
  • 1700 gallon tank
  1. plants: Val and pogostemon octopus, i needed something to fill it in quickly
  2. stocking: 14oscars, 5 bichirs, 4 giant gouarmis,a guppy colony that hides too well in the plants... 😄

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Love 1

Main fish room

40b - breeding pair longfin lemon blue eyed bristlenose pleco, German blue rams, celestial pearl danios, neocaridina, nerites, assasin snails,

20L - panda corydora, juvenile CPD, neocaridina, nerites, Piano snails, I recently rehomed the scarlet badis out of this tank 

20L- Pygmy Cory, melini bandit Cory, 4 CPD I could not catch, neocaridina, nerites, assasin snails

20L- original breeding group panda Cory, neocaridina, magenta mystery snails( in a few weeks this will be flipped to house my juvenile GBR

29- 6 honey gourami, neocaridina, assasin snails, I just rehomed a breeding pair of longfin lemon pleco that outgrew this tank. 

10g- Taia naticoides piano snails, neocaridina 

5g cube- 1 rogue CPD fry , Piano snails, neocaridina

Fry/ Mts room

20H- Aspidora spilotus, Badis badis, magenta mystery snails, Asolene Spixii snails, nerites, neocaridina  

10-juvenile GBR 2 Spixii 1 hitchhiker neocaridina 

10- Hera jerdoni Asian stone anchor cats, 1juvenike Badis badis, a few Least killifish I could not catch, 3 juvenile magenta mystery snails, nerites, neocaridina 

10-young juvenile Aspidora spilotus, Filopaludina martensi white wizard snail, 1 hitchhiking panda fry, 1- 2 year old stunted growth guppy named Ike who was found in a pothos planter (cause of stunting) neocaridina, nerites

5g- Aspidora fry, panda fry, and panda eggs which should have hatched last night    

2x 5g fry tanks currently empty  

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/21/2023 at 5:47 AM, Guppysnail said:

BTW @jwcarlson ran me out of reactions with their Apisto journal so ❤️❤️❤️ to all who share. 

I do what I can. 🤣

Currently empty and probably will reseal before anything goes in them:

29, 90 (still need to pick this one up), and 125 - 29 probably ends up with one apisto pair if any of them successfully breed, 90 or 125 may end up as the discus tank or natives... haven't decided yet.  90 may also end up with the discus... at some point will hopefully need space for apisto fry to grow out, so we'll see how that goes.

Currently full, but no livestock:

10 QT tank, housing whatever is getting wormed or sick - a discus with whirling just left it empty this morning.  My new assassin snails will probably leave their bucket and go back in here.  Plants will go with them - some dwarf water lettuce, any new plants that don't have a home currently: some anubias and dwarf sag.

Currently full:

10 - CPDs (3 males, 1 female), 1 furcatta rainbow - an accidental inhabitant), mix of neo shrimp, need to remedy the M/F ratio, plants: guppy grass, "giant" hygro, couple of small bristlenose until they clean up the algae on the glass

29 - pair of Apistogramma Hongsloi, plants: PSO, hornwort, guppy grass, hair algae

37 - community tank - 15 kerri tetras, three survivor cardinal tetras, cherry shrimp, 6 sterbai corys, couple small bristlenose, plants: anubias, hygro pinnatifida, dwarf water lettuce, a single/sad amazon sword, a few crypts that don't seem to do anything even after a year, emergent pothos.  Side note: I absolutely hate the footprint of this tank.

46 bow front - 15 juvenile swordtails my 10 year old daughter suckered me into taking from my in-laws.  Also a handful of small Kuhli Loaches and a 1.5" super red bristlenose, plants: PSO, elodea, a couple of accidental algae "moss balls", val, dwarf water lettuce.  I don't want the swordtails long term, right now they all look female, however... maybe they're not old enough yet, but they're getting on to 2".  My mother-in-law always says she hasn't seen any in her juvys that look like males yet either.  Time will tell.  I don't want live bearers.  Though, part of me wants to have a few fry from them at some point and put some in with any apisto fry I might eventually have to see what the fry and mother apisto would do.

55 - divided in two, each half with a pair of Apistogramma Hongsloi, plants: PSO, various crypts, val, hair algae 😄

75 - 8 discus, a total of 9 tetras- lemons and rummynose... every once in a while one ends up with some bad thoughts and zips up the tube when doing water changes.  A relatively new addition here is a female bristlenose that's been in community tank for a year.  Bare bottom with plants: anubias, emergent pothos and philodendron

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Like 1

20 Gallon Hex:

• Fish: 3 Dalmatian Mollies, 3 Red Wag Swordtails, 2 Nerite Snails, 6 Harlequin Rasboras, 2 Peppered Corydoras, and 2 Bristlenose Plecos
  • Plants: Amazon Swords, Anubias Golden, Scarlet Temple, Dwarf Hair Grass, Red Dwarf Aquarium Lily, Rosette Sword

10 Gallon:

Quarantine Tub: 5 Neon Tetras (going to the 10 gallon in a few weeks)

• Like 1

36 Gallon Bowfront: 

Fish:

1. A trio of Fancy Guppies
  2. Feeder Hybrid-Endlers- 3 Females and 1 Male

Plan to Add: (Note this is in flex as I research and learn more about certain fish)

1.  Neon Green tetra (6-10)
  2. Panda Cory (6-10)
  3. Amano Shrimp
  4. 1 Honey Gourami or 2 Angels
  5. Mystery Snails
  6. MTS
  7. Ramshorn
  8. Whatever Endlers get put in my tank from my bestie and her breeding program

Plants:

1. Java Fern
  2. Java Moss
  3. Water Lettuce
  4. Frogbit
  5. Salvinia 
  6. Red Root Floaters (I was told, but I don't see any so still unsure)
  7. A plant that I bought from Frag 2 Fishes that I do not remember what it is called

Plan to Add:

1. Corkscrew Val once it takes off in my 5 gal
  2. Hornwort
  3. Red Ludwiga
  4. Anything I can get cheap off of marketplace or from fish clubs etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fish:

300 gallon pond: 

White Cloud Mountain Minnows 

Gold White Cloud Mountain Minnows 

Rainbow shiners

Assorted platys 

Assorted Guppies

Glow light Danios

Panda Corydoras

Gold Dojo Loach

Long Fin Green Dragon Bristlenose Pleco 

BN pleco

110 gallon pond:

2 Ryukin Short Tail Kirin

2 Ranchu Calico

1 Thai Ranchu Blue Base Calico

1 Thai Oranda Calico

1 Ryukin Short Tail Calico

1 Ryukin Short Tail Sakura

1 Ryukin Short Tail Granite

110 gallon pond:

Red King Yama Blood Medaka 

180 gallon aquarium:

2 Blue Pinoy Paraiba Angelfish

7 Geophagus Pyrocephalus

1 Albino Geophagus Pyrocephalus

10 Congo Tetra

7 Denison Barb

1 Gold Denison Barb

Long Fin Green Dragon Bristlenose pleco

75 gallon:

Empty for now, I’ve been tossing around the idea of an oscar or flowerhorn for culling purposes, but haven’t fully committed just yet.

75 gallon:

Pseudomugil GERTRUDEA Aru 2 Rainbows

Long Fin White Cloud Minnows

Long Fin Super Red Calico Bristlenose Pleco

Otocinclus

Tons of Amano shrimp

40 gallon breeder:

Neolamprologus Similis

40 gallon breeder:

Neolamprologus Multifasciata 

40 gallon breeder:

4 Ultimate Coverage Koi Angelfish

(waiting for a pair, then they’ll be moved to their own 29, and I’ll have an empty 40 b on my hands)

40 gallon pond:

Platinum Medaka

Fire Red Cherry Shrimp

29 gallon:

Blue Pinoy Paraiba Angelfish pair

10 gallon: 

Sakura Grade Red Cherry Shrimp

10 gallon:

Staeck Endlers

10 gallon:

Bloody Mary shrimp

As for plants, I have way too many to list. I have very densely planted all the way to up and out. Everything also has pathos dipping into each aquarium. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Both tanks are in my living room, visible from my desk and from the couch, to varying degrees.

75 gallon - My tank

Zebra danios, black phantom tetras, skirt tetras (some white, some glofish), mystery snails, red ramshorn snails, horned nerite snails, black racer nerite snails, spotted nerite snail

Valisneria, crypt wendtii green, crypt wendtii bronze, crypt spiralis, crypt lucens, water sprite, subwassertang, rose sword, crinum calamistratum, anubias nana (might be petite? I forget), pogostemon stelatus octopus, duckweed\

10 gallon - Kids' tank

Mystery snails - Plan to have neon tetras and a hillstream loach eventually

Subwassertang, crinum calamistratum (yes, I know this gets big, but it takes a super long time), some sort of anubias, duckweed

• Love 1

The Dining/Fish room

75 gal.  4 Red Tailed Tin Foil Barbs (TFBs)  a fish fence protecting the Wisteria and the only rooted Anacharis.

65 gal.  3 Angel Fish, 3 Serpae Tetras, 2 Silver Dollars, 1 marauding Tiger Barb, and a fish fence protecting the Pothos, Anacharis , and a few surviving Duckweed.  The tank also has a paper thin, naturally occurring algae curtain that provides a hiding place for the Tetras.

29 gal.  5 SAEs, 5 Ember Tetras, 6 Blood Fin Tetras, 1 Nerite, 1 Ramshorn, MTS (maybe), Bladder snails (definitely), Anubia Nana, Cabomba, Anacharis, Amazon Sword, Lobelia, Crypts., Italian Val., Pothos, 2 Duck weeds, and a Tiger Lotus bulb that refuses to grow.

10 gal.  The no tech project tank goes by various names. and is subject to multiple experiments simultaneously.  It is where my plants go to die, or not!  PSO, Wisteria, and Italian Val. failed in the 29 gal. but are doing well here. It is also home to Anubia, Anacharis, and some Duckweed. 

2 Bowls  of Duckweed (another experiment) growing on the windowsill

Edited by Tanked
missing content
  • Love 1

60 gal south american biotope

Fish

- rummynose tetras

- beckford pencilfish

- marbled headstanders

- longfin blue eyed pleco?

- sterbai cory

- bolivian rams

Plants

- duckweed

27.5 gal aquascape

Fish

Currently being cycled, but will eventually have honey gouramis and some other fish (haven't decided yet). 

Plants

- amazon sword

- jungle val

- rotala indica

- bacopa caroliniana

- water lettuce

- duckweed

- pygmy chain sword

20 gal long

Fish

- pygmy cory

- dwarf rasboras

- baby pencilfish

- bloody mary shrimp

Plants

- limnophila sessiliflora 

- hygrophila polysperma rosanervig

- ludwigia arcuata

- duckweed

- water lettuce

- subwassertang

- pygmy chain sword

- hornwort

- pothos

- bacopa caroliniana 

9 gal 

Fish

- male koi betta

- female koi betta

(don't worry they are divided and can't hurt each other)

Plants

- subwassertang

- hornwort

- duckweed

- water lettuce

10 gal

- quarantine tank for 3 honey gouramis

Plants

- limnophila sessiliflora 

- hygrophila polysperma rosanervig

- ludwigia arcuata

- duckweed

- water lettuce

- subwassertang

- hornwort

- bacopa caroliniana 

5 gal

- snowball shrimp

Plants

- duckweed

- water lettuce

- subwassertang

- pothos

2.5 gal

- pumpkin shrimp

Plants

- duckweed

- water lettuce

- subwassertang

I also have various ramshorn snails and bladder snails as well as some assassin snails. 

• Love 1

40 Breeder:

Livestock:

• Lampeye killifish
  • Bolivian Rams
  • ember tetra
  • female betta
  • forktail rainbow
  • pygmaeus and habrosus cory
  • male endlers
  • peacock gudgeon

Plants:

• Ludwigia Arcuata
  • Ludwigia Palustris
  • Ludwigia Natans Super Red
  • Rotala Wallichii
  • Proserpinaca Palustris
  • Myriophyllum Aquaticum
  • Hygrophila Corymbosa
  • Hygrophila Compacta
  • Anubias Nana (Also petite variant)
  • Anubias Minima
  • Weeping Moss
  • Juncus Repens
  • Java Fern
  • Windelov Java Fern
  • El Nino Fern
  • Dwarf Sag
  • Alternanthera Lilacina
  • Lobelia Cardinalis
  • Bacopa Caroliniana
  • Cabomba Pulcherrima
  • Echinodrus Bleheri
  • Cryptocoryne Tropica
  • Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Brown'

20 Long:

Livestock:

• Male Betta
  • GBR Balloon
  • Stone catfish
  • CPD
  • Emerald Dwarf Rasbora (Danio Erythromicron)
  • Emerald Eye Rasbora
  • Red neon blue eye rainbowfish
  • Spakling Gourami
  • White Cloud Minnow (OG fish - they came from the turtle tank)

Plants:

• Alternanthera Reineckii (and mini)
  • Rotala Wallichii
  • Rotala Indica 'Bonsai'
  • Alternanthera Lilacina
  • Cyptocoryne Wendtii 'Flamingo'
  • Cryptocoryne Spiralis
  • Rotala H'ra
  • Rotala Blood Red
  • Ludwigia Natans Super Red
  • Ludwigia Palustris

• Like 1

29g with 13 Cardinal Tetra, 3 Panda Cory, 2 Otocinclus, 3 Ghost Shrimp, 3 Nerite Snails. Decor is Natural Gravel (like pea gravel but tiny) Spiderwood and Large-ish piece of Lava Rock. Plants are Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus, Vallisneria, Argentine Sword, Red Dwarf Aquarium Lily, Anacharis, Scarlet Temple, Aponogeton Crispus, Cryptocoryne Tropica, Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green. Anubias Barteri, Anubias Coffeefolia, Anubias Gold Coin, Java Fern Windelov, Java Fern, Pearl Weed. Filtration is 1 ACO medium Sponge filter and 1 HOB filter for 30g

5g #1 with 1 Double Tail Halfmoon Betta, 1 Nerite Snail. Decor is natural gravel, betta cave. Plants - Anubias Coffeefolia, Java fern, Java Fern Windelov, Vallisneria, Red Dwarf Aquarium Lily plantlet. Filtration is 1 ACO Nano Sponge filter and 1 HOB.

5g #2 with 1 Dumgo Halfmoon Betta, 1 Ghost Shrimp and 1 Nerite Snail. Decor is a faux piece of ‘moss’ covered Driftwood, black aquarium gravel. Plants are Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus, Anubias Coffeefolia, Java Fern, Java Fern Windelov, Scarlet Temple cutting.filtration is 1 ACO nano sponge filter and HOB filter

10g Glofish aquarium with 1 Female Plakat Glo Betta, 3 Albino Corydoras and 1 Nerite Snail. Decor is Betta Cave, 4 silk gloplants, lighted volcano, black gravel. Plants are Java Fern, Java Fern Windelov, Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus. Filtration is 1 ACO Medium sponge filter.