Something new at Aquarium Co-op

Patrick_G

@Beardedbillygoat1975 gave me a heads up that there’s something new at Aquarium Co-op. I was in the area so I had to stop by and check it out.

Cool new sign!

2C0AEE4F-B51C-47F1-8BC1-A6F84FB589F8.jpeg.83a1592e184d1f5a2f3f803b859aff26.jpeg

One of the staff aquarists gave me a run down on the details of the new expansion. It seems they’re shooting for a march opening with the new wing opening first and then some remodeling of the current space happening after that. 

I got lucky and arrived just as @brandonnaturallywas putting out new fish, including a beautiful little Schoutedeni puffer. Sorry that I forgot to take more pictures, but here’s my favorite little nano tank. The algae covered filter is super cool looking. 
DBFACDC5-C2EB-4D19-9985-D931DFB048A0.jpeg.e1854ca209da8d7fbf686d3a698a3be3.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 7
  • Love 10

On 1/19/2023 at 1:21 PM, PineSong said:

Love the sign. That tank is 2.3 gallons but looks better than all of my 20's! So great to see everything at that scale. Thank you for snapping the pic and showing us 🙂

That little tank looks better than most of our tanks!  It’s amazing how they’ve scaled the plants and hardscape to fit the tiny space and still give a sense of depth. The picture doesn’t really do it justice. 

• Love 1

On 1/19/2023 at 2:37 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Remember those ronald mcdonald things on a bench...... 

I wonder if they can make one of Cory and have him sitting on the bench outside.  People can always get their photo taken with him 🙂 .

I had to think about this for a sec and then it hit me 🤣 

• Haha 3

On 1/19/2023 at 4:40 PM, Jurrian Hering said:

So jealous of everyone who get to call this their LFS!!

me too, although I'd probably get in trouble for just, like, never leaving hahaha

On 1/19/2023 at 3:37 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Remember those ronald mcdonald things on a bench...... 

I wonder if they can make one of Cory and have him sitting on the bench outside.  People can always get their photo taken with him 🙂 .

oh heavens, please no!! Those Ronald McDonalds benches all weirded me out as a kid. Let's not make Cory the stuff of nightmares, I'd like to continue enjoying the content and learning lol.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 4:52 PM, Patrick_G said:

@Beardedbillygoat1975 gave me a heads up that there’s something new at Aquarium Co-op. I was in the area so I had to stop by and check it out.

Cool new sign!

2C0AEE4F-B51C-47F1-8BC1-A6F84FB589F8.jpeg.83a1592e184d1f5a2f3f803b859aff26.jpeg

One of the staff aquarists gave me a run down on the details of the new expansion. It seems they’re shooting for a march opening with the new wing opening first and then some remodeling of the current space happening after that. 

I got lucky and arrived just as @brandonnaturallywas putting out new fish, including a beautiful little Schoutedeni puffer. Sorry that I forgot to take more pictures, but here’s my favorite little nano tank. The algae covered filter is super cool looking. 
DBFACDC5-C2EB-4D19-9985-D931DFB048A0.jpeg.e1854ca209da8d7fbf686d3a698a3be3.jpeg

Must cross the pond to see that one day…one day!