Liquid Test Kit Stand - DIY ​ πŸ“ŠπŸ“‰πŸ“ˆ ​

Im super clumsy and have knocked over my test tubes on more than one occasion so i knew i needed something like this but i just hadnt taken the time to do it. When i saw your stand today i decided i was done putting it off so i went out and made one out of an off cut i had lying around. So thanks Dave, if you hadnt made yours i probably never wouldve actuallyΒ made one for myself.

7E61221A-22F6-4E06-8FEE-548A8F3E9111.jpeg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sliceofnature said:

Im super clumsy and have knocked over my test tubes on more than one occasion so i knew i needed something like this but i just hadnt taken the time to do it. When i saw your stand today i decided i was done putting it off so i went out and made one out of an off cut i had lying around. So thanks Dave, if you hadnt made yours i probably never wouldve actuallyΒ made one for myself.

7E61221A-22F6-4E06-8FEE-548A8F3E9111.jpeg

Hey that stand looks great.Β  😊.Β  I know what you mean about dumping the test tubes.Β  Am sure the stands will help the both of us.Β  πŸ‘

6 hours ago, Sliceofnature said:

I used a 1/2” bit and its a niceΒ snug fit

Yes, 1/2" is definitely snug. I used multiple drill bits, leading up to 1/2" (since that was the largest bit I had available).Β  Β I have some manual tools here and then used a hand reamer to widen the opening a little bit on mine, for ease of use.Β  It's not an exact science, of course, but worked well with form, fit & functionality.Β Β 

• Thanks 1

I want to make a full tray that not only holds the test tubes but also the test solutions. I have one right nowΒ  modified from a test tube holder I found on Amazon. I cut out the back half to accommodate the solution bottles. The tubes are color coded for each tank, as are my sample syringes. But I have more tanks, so need more room if I want to test them all at once.Β 

IMG_20200721_154007.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StephenP2003 said:

I want to make a full tray that not only holds the test tubes but also the test solutions. I have one right nowΒ  modified from a test tube holder I found on Amazon. I cut out the back half to accommodate the solution bottles. The tubes are color coded for each tank, as are my sample syringes. But I have more tanks, so need more room if I want to test them all at once.Β 

IMG_20200721_154007.jpg

Now that is a test tube tray! I think that would be overkill for my 2 nano tanks tho... haha

How many tanks do you have right now?

33 minutes ago, Sliceofnature said:

Now that is a test tube tray! I think that would be overkill for my 2 nano tanks tho... haha

How many tanks do you have right now?

I have seven. I don't know why I need to add more test tubes. I hardly ever test all tanks at once, and I normally just test nitrates.

12 minutes ago, StephenP2003 said:

I have seven. I don't know why I need to add more test tubes. I hardly ever test all tanks at once, and I normally just test nitrates.

I feel ya. I really only test nitrates anymore before each water change. I usually only use the other tests if something seems off.

36 minutes ago, Sliceofnature said:

I feel ya. I really only test nitrates anymore before each water change. I usually only use the other tests if something seems off.

I tried that method a couple of times, but proved to be disadvantageous.Β  Unknowingly, one of my tanks KH & PH was dropping, fairly quickly, with only moderate nitrate readings.Β  It takes only a few minutes more of testing to see the full picture I suppose.Β Β