Website Suggestions?

RyanR

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Andy's Fish Den said:

@Cory I sent me wife the email link for my wishlist so she would know exactly what I wanted, and she asked me if she orders it straight off my wishlist would it go under my account, in that I would get emails saying items shipped etc? I guess she doesn't want me to know if and what she orders. 

I'm not certain. I don't believe you should get any notifications. As long as she is ordering under her own account. 

3 minutes ago, Cory said:

I'm not certain. I don't believe you should get any notifications. As long as she is ordering under her own account. 

I had kind of figured as long as she orders under her own name it wouldn't send me emails. I told her to order and find out, I promised her if I got an email saying my order was shipped I wouldn't open it, yea right!

• 1 month later...

Did the wishlist sharing feature break/go away? I was trying to get my wishlist to share, but when I share the link via the button and you click it (in an email, etc.), it just takes you to a blank page.  This was from the main wishlist page. 

Also, when I go to my account and click on the wishlist tab (https://www.aquariumcoop.com/account#wishlist) it says basically everything is Sold Out.  29 of the 31 items are listed as Sold Out in the orange button.  But on the main wishlist page (and on the product pages themselves), many of these are in stock and I can add to cart.

Any ideas? I'm happy to take this conversation to email if more details are needed or if someone can't replicate what I am seeing.

Thanks @Cory

Edited by MDoc
Clarification

• Administrators
On 1/25/2021 at 9:01 PM, MDoc said:

Did the wishlist sharing feature break/go away? I was trying to get my wishlist to share, but when I share the link via the button and you click it (in an email, etc.), it just takes you to a blank page.  This was from the main wishlist page. 

Also, when I go to my account and click on the wishlist tab (https://www.aquariumcoop.com/account#wishlist) it says basically everything is Sold Out.  29 of the 31 items are listed as Sold Out in the orange button.  But on the main wishlist page (and on the product pages themselves), many of these are in stock and I can add to cart.

Any ideas? I'm happy to take this conversation to email if more details are needed or if someone can't replicate what I am seeing.

Thanks @Cory

Please email this as I'm not able to recreate the problem. Device and browser is a good starting point with a screenshot. On our end our testing show it's working. @MDoc

I can't seem to find a good email to use, and I feel like I am taking crazy pills. 😂 I have tried multiple browsers and had several friends try and click the link, and it almost always comes up blank (with the exceptions being if I am already logged in to my account). I have tried sharing it from Chrome into Chrome, from Chrome into Edge, from Edge into Chrome, in incognito mode and several other options.

Would someone mind clicking this link and just telling me if they see a blank page or a bunch of items I threw in there? 

Here is me sharing the link in a message to a friend, and my friend's resulting blank page (in Chrome):

433794407_1-27-202110-19-38AM.png.f8bcf9be5305eb632d5b592e145d09ff.png

And here is the "Sold Out" (but not really sold out) bug in the wishlist from the account page (in Chrome again, with a bit of a weird scroll):
722851673_1-27-202110-27-32AM.thumb.png.1af54137fba660d4b25493f449859247.png 

Wow, apologies for length.

Also, new issue: I can't seem to access my account page in Edge.  I signed it, but instead of seeing the Order History, Saved for Later, Wishlist, Account Details, My Rewards tabs, etc., it just kicks me back to the sign-in page. So instead of aquariumcoop.com/account, it flashes my account page for a second and kicks me back to aquariumcoop.com/account/login?return_url=%2Faccount

Chrome works fine for the account page. 

I have not felt this technologically inept in years. I swear I am better than this, I swear. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

So which is it? The fastest *free* shipping at $59 or $99?

Screenshot_2021-02-04-15-33-37.png.49ba4410f9117f52323fc4a2ebc1aaff.png

My phone states 99

Screenshot_2021-02-04-15-46-23.png.e35a17cbcad2d25d350560fc953faa87.png

My laptop at the same time states 59

20210204_154646_HDR.jpg.21e1f87fc9465194a609e1e10f75b4da.jpg

And when did the $14.99 minimum order thing start? I could understand a minimum quantity to "conserve nature" but when you put a price on it seems less genuine.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:56 PM, Aubrey said:

So which is it? The fastest *free* shipping at $59 or $99?

Screenshot_2021-02-04-15-33-37.png.49ba4410f9117f52323fc4a2ebc1aaff.png

My phone states 99

Screenshot_2021-02-04-15-46-23.png.e35a17cbcad2d25d350560fc953faa87.png

My laptop at the same time states 59

20210204_154646_HDR.jpg.21e1f87fc9465194a609e1e10f75b4da.jpg

And when did the $14.99 minimum order thing start? I could understand a minimum quantity to "conserve nature" but when you put a price on it seems less genuine.

To make things another layer of confusing and inconsistent, I get an email today about my cart claiming that free shipping starts at $89. @Cory not a big deal, but I thought you would want to know what you're advertising.

89.JPG.2c0a0362f2e5d763f7a1884c6bb686b6.JPG

• Administrators

This is currently intentional. I've been running tests for a few months now on different shipping thresholds. As above, you'd see two different prices if you log into different devices as a/b tests are running.  Some graphics to give reference to what I am tracking. For the informed user, you could clear cookies and see what two variants I am testing and choose whichever is cheaper for you. Lots of data is being analyzed from this test far more than just conversion rate. My ethos is to always be testing and figuring things out.

Screenshot_2021-02-05 Aquarium Co-Op ~ Products ~ Shopify Plus(1).png

Screenshot_2021-02-05 Aquarium Co-Op ~ Products ~ Shopify Plus.png

On 10/30/2020 at 7:53 PM, Casual aquatics said:

Kinda similar yet different subject have y’all thought about hoodies and wallets or such in the merchandise section

Cory has said in a few of his vids that he is working on finding a good quality sweatshirt at a reasonable price. He said he believes he will have one by next. winter. 

You guys really need a better layout for products. I didn't realize you even had certain products until later thanks to the Load More. I strongly suggest that if you do have everything clumped together into several categories that you do pagination instead.

Advertisement.. not the ads you're thinking of.

There are very clean, non-pushy ways to show off your products, on your website, for your customers that might not know you sold that product that's display on every product page.  A word I recall during a course I was taking (I built my own company website) is sticky. You want your website to be as sticky as humanly possible. That little ad space is an excellent way to keep people going down the rabbit hole. The most successful online stores in the world do it for a reason.

Logging In

I seem to have an issue on a couple of browsers logging into the website even though all ad blockers are turned off and no extreme script blocking on.. its weird, only happens on PC.

Reviews

This one can bite you in the butt, but only if you are not doing well by your customers.. showing off customer images. I think it helps people relate more with the product you're selling by seeing it an organic setting rather than one staged.

Menu / Home Page layout

Meh. I think its not bad but at the same time it's not great at all. I think a lot of work could be done there, especially with the side menu. I would check out the largest e commerce sites in the world and see how their menu looks. UI is insanely important but also the layout. You advertise many of your top products you want to sell which is great. You have a Welcome banner which is okay and your blog being posted there is engaging. I just think the overall layout could be better. I dont think the banner on PC needs to be so large, it could be a fraction of that size and still be engaging while showing off far more products.

LiveAquaria (I dont know if they're an enemy or not lol, sorry if so) has a much better home page. They talk about their weekly specials, the varying products they via categories with beautiful images and the rows/columns for said products are well placed. The one large image with two smaller images for products is very common but it works. The images being as beautiful as possible makes people feel confident and impressed while showing whats to offer. Very important.

Search bar

This goes back to the menu I mentioned... if the menue was there with half the size of the search bar, people would still be able to easily type their search without issue. That bar up there is super important real estate.

Overall impressions

I think its clean and good for the size business that you have. It's also not tacky which I've seen some other websites in the aquarium business do that seem desperate or they just lack too much or poor images. I just think it could absolutely use that next level and I think you may want to push your YouTube channel a bit more.

Anyways I hope this helps. I'm sure theres reasoning behind everything, just my two cents.. I studied the psychology behind UI a while ago and perhaps am more nit picky than most. And with that said, I also think you all are doing an amazing job.. especially with the prices you offer that beat Amazon even with certain products. Thats a feat in itself!

• 1 month later...

@Cory have you considered adding a fully submerged picture of the plants you sale in an aquarium setting. I know when I shop for aquarium plants I always look up the submerged form on google. Which you would likely have to say there will be some form of variation in each aquarium setting. I think it will add greatly to people while plant shopping to see what it would look similar to in there tank 

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Nuts for guppies said:

@Cory have you considered adding a fully submerged picture of the plants you sale in an aquarium setting. I know when I shop for aquarium plants I always look up the submerged form on google. Which you would likely have to say there will be some form of variation in each aquarium setting. I think it will add greatly to people while plant shopping to see what it would look similar to in there tank 

We have yes. The problem is, no matter how many disclaimers we've tried. We get angry customers, My plant doesn't look like the picture! I would have never ordered etc. So for now we don't have them until after our website remodel then possibly we'll have a better way to display such a difference.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for recommendation. That is really god for ecommerce with belkins.io. Lead generation is vital to any sales force because it identifies potential customers. It provides you with a database of potential customers who are interested in your products or services. These are the type of customers that will most likely spend money with your business; they have shown interest in your products and/or services like folderly.com. The more leads you have the better chance you have of selling your products.

Edited by gretamorilia