I'm an idiot!

Mr Gumby

So I get down stairs this morning, it's still dark and tank lights are off.

Check the tanks and my heart sinks as I spot a casualty. Looks like my female flag fish is no more 

With blurry morning vision I grab a net and proceed to remove the poor dead fish.

Here's what it looks like in the cold light of day 😂

IMG_20221023_145919818.jpg.da4b7a95c7d896e23fb4d7521c6eee95.jpg

• Haha 15

On 10/23/2022 at 4:04 PM, Mr Gumby said:

Check the tanks and my heart sinks as I spot a casualty. Looks like my female flag fish is no more 

With blurry morning vision I grab a net and proceed to remove the poor dead fish.

It happens to everyone!

• Like 1

oh you're not an idiot, the mind can think its seeing things that just arent what the eye actually see's. reminds me of deer hunting. cant begin  to tell you how many weird things, and monster bucks ive seen out in the woods before the sun came up, only to feel pretty dumb once it got light out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2022 at 7:04 AM, Mr Gumby said:

I thought a snail had crawled out in my bedroom and landed a a flannel shirt in front of the tank. Rushed to pick it up and see if it was too late. It was a button... 🤣 That's what I get for not putting the laundry away I guess!

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:56 AM, lefty o said:

oh you're not an idiot, the mind can think its seeing things that just arent what the eye actually see's. reminds me of deer hunting. cant begin  to tell you how many weird things, and monster bucks ive seen out in the woods before the sun came up, only to feel pretty dumb once it got light out.

You too?  So many bushes just had to be that deer I’ve been waiting on all day. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've kept schools of 50-150 cardinal tetras for about a decade. In July, I got 10 albino cardinal tetras from Aqua Huna. It's the first time I've ever had some of the albino version. It still catches me off guard to see "a sick cardinal", then realize it's just one of the albinos, swimming with the school. 😆😅😂🤣

• Haha 1
  • Love 1