First Snow!!!

TheSwissAquarist

On 10/4/2022 at 9:00 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

No I surf on them 🙃

If you live a couple of minutes away from the pistes it’s kind of a birthright.

Well if you snowboarded, you would be kinda surfing the snow 🤪

Amazing birthright though! Just wow. I hope you can post some pics later in the season! I live close to a local ski area, but it's just a little no-name place (Steven's Pass, Cascade Mountains). My brothers & I snowboarded when we were younger. Now they have kids who are approaching the age when they can go (they've already had them on the mountain doing little kid stuff but they'll be able to ride the lifts now). I haven't been up in years but I think it'd be fun to go with the kids. That's probably more my speed now in my middle age 😅

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My snowboarding skills never rose above survival level.  Fortunately I'm better on two skis.  Long ago I shared a ski lift with a gentleman who had gone to ski in the American Rockies.  He asked me, why would I ski the Swiss Alps when I had the Rockies?  My natural response was "why would you  ski in the Rockies when you have the Alps?" It's a no-brainer.

There is an old ski station above where I live which closed down in 2014, and there’s some kind of scheme to turn it into a hotel.

I am tempted to make a film out of it, because it is quite an interesting story. Back in the day you got on a bubble lift at a station in the centre of the village, and then you arrived at a midway station, and the final stop was a restaurant at the top of the mountain. The entire installation looks like everyone just left to go for a coffee yesterday, it’s filled with old chairs from the chairlift (and I will admit to taking an old souvenir fridge magnet from the office).

• Like 1